Witcher 3 - Still dominant @ PC Gamer

I enjoyed W3, but it had some major flaws. I'll mention another one: the Batman "Detective Vision™" garbage was way overdone. Follow the glowing trail to auto-solve mysteries!

Plus there was no option to murder Dandelion at the beginning of the game... ;)

Witcher games were never about combat for Goddess sake! You people come up with the strangest of complains. DArt complained that there weren't any dungeons. PB that combat made her quit TW3 after FEW hours. It's like complaining that somebody didn't like chess because there was no arm wrestling involved.

I enjoyed W3, but it had some major flaws. I'll mention another one: the Batman "Detective Vision™" garbage was way overdone. Follow the glowing trail to auto-solve mysteries!

"Witcher Senses" quests were purely optional. You didn't need to do another one if you disliked the first.

Witcher games were never about combat for Goddess sake! You people come up with the strangest of complains. DArt complained that there weren't any dungeons. PB that combat made her quit TW3 after FEW hours. It's like complaining that somebody didn't like chess because there was no arm wrestling involved.

"Witcher Senses" quests were purely optional. You didn't need to do another one if you disliked the first.

I don’t know, I would guess the majority of my time in the Witcher 3 was in combat, most quests require combat to complete them, you must engage in combat to progress the story and to beat the game.

Giving that, I would think a complaint about the quality of the combat would be quite justified.

Some people just get upset when others don't share their preferences - and they have to make up reasons why they're wrong, instead of just dealing with how we're all different.

It usually changes once they mature. Not all do, though :)

No DArt I get annoyed when people complain that apples aren't oranges.

Nah, you've got it mixed up with chalk and cheese.

Let's face it. That's simply your opinion.

It's no surprise that someone who prefers party-based games with TB or RTwP combat didn't like the combat in TW. :)

While I don't think it's their strongest point, I enjoyed the combat in all of the Witcher games. I even liked it in TW1 which was an acquired taste for many.

Sure, I will accept it's my opinion.

But I also like RT combat games like WoW and ME. TW3 combat just wasn't interesting or fun regardless of my preference :)

I believe this just exemplifies the fact that most people can tell the difference between a quality product and garbage. I'm a huge fan of turn based games and quite enjoyed all three witcher games, and will likely replay them all numerous times in the future.

Am I the only one who thinks the combat is mediocre?

You're not. Think of the millions of RPG fans who didn't play it, after all. I played Chapter 1 of the first Witcher. The game had a LOT going for it, but I can't abide mediocre combat.

You're not. Think of the millions of RPG fans who didn't play it, after all. I played Chapter 1 of the first Witcher. The game had a LOT going for it, but I can't abide mediocre combat.

You're aware that the combat is completely different in the sequels, right?

You're aware that the combat is completely different in the sequels, right?
Oh come on! He already played few hours of part 1 and didn't like the combat so it's obvious that all of the other parts must be crap as well.

Combat's awful, it's the rest of the game that makes it good.

That's exactly what makes TW3 a masterpiece.
Devs wanted art and did it.

For those who are blind to everything except on gameplay, there's always autoaim on consoles. Or cowclickers on facebook.

No DArt I get annoyed when people complain that apples aren't oranges.
He hates TW3. Those women in there do not need a dick to save them.
I wouldn't go discussing TW3 with him.

Witcher games were never about combat for Goddess sake! You people come up with the strangest of complains. DArt complained that there weren't any dungeons. PB that combat made her quit TW3 after FEW hours. It's like complaining that somebody didn't like chess because there was no arm wrestling.

I agree with what sakichop said. There are enough combat you have to slog through in TW3 so it became really tedious after 12 hours. I do plan to go back to it at some point though. I did enjoy other aspects of the game.

I really like the writing. Great dialogue. The characters felt like real people more than any other game I can think of right now. But I didn't play TW3 very long. I was put off by the combat (I'm personally getting a bit sick of action RPGS in general), character development and the Witcher/Batman senses.

But I've always recognized I perhaps didn't get it enough of a go to judge properly. I just bought the 2 DLCS ($12.50 USD on sale at GOG last night and $20 for the full GotY edition) and intend to give it a proper attempt soon.

There was a before Witcher 3 and an after, that is how you know it is a masterpiece.

Ubisoft, EA, Bethesda and the other usual garbage producers know it well, just look at the last Assassin's Creed for example.

Now it is true than the Witcher 3 is not a Japanese RPG or a Medieval Combat Simulation and the absence of any SpaceShip is a fact so those are legitimate critics if you do not know how to read properly and was expecting those elements to be part of the game.

Now, if you did your homework, and were expecting immersion, a real changing and evolving open world, adventures, quality writing and engaging, lengthy and interesting stories you got those aplenty.

And yeah there is even an Option Menu where you can disable most of the glaring points I have read about the hand holding in the mini map, the batman whatever, the HP of the enemies and so on and so on.
Again, it looks like most of the people not liking the hand holding on the mini map need a huge hand holding to deactivate options.

Another day, another youngling thinking his opinion is objective fact :)

There's also a before Avatar and an after Avatar - with everyone and their mother trying to emulate the success and 3D becoming a trendy norm.

What a compelling argument for the movie being a masterpiece.

There's no way to disable Witcher senses and there's no way to make combat challenging, except to suck at it.

Now, we can pretend those issues can't be issues because some people don't see them - but what's that going to accomplish.

To have a mature exchange - we need to be mature about potential issues.

Back
Top Bottom