Playoff Baseball

Statistically, the winner of game 3 in a 7 game series that's tied 1-1 goes on to win the series 70% of the time.
That's good to hear. ;) Though the TV folks said the winner of the first game has gone on to win the whole series 11 out of the last 12 times.

Which means it's also true that the winner of the first game has gone on to win the whole series 11 out of the last 13 times, too. Baseball announcers aren't very good about pre-determining their sample sizes.

One of the Cardinal players, just 22 and a week from being in the playoffs was killed in a car accident today. The kid, Oscar Taveras, was the Cardinals top prospect for the last several years and was a rookie this season.

3 World Series wins in 5 years, can we call them a dynasty yet?

I don't see why not. I think the Giants have surpassed the Cardinals as the elite team in the National League. While my Cardinals seem to go to the playoffs all the time, the Giants actually win them :)

Well, I guess it's time for my five minutes every even-numbered year of loyal fandom.

However, I have to say that I'm very, very glad to be typing this at my sister's place in France rather than bang in the middle of the Mission district like I was the last two times it burned.

I'm going to dress up as Bumgarner for Halloween. That guy sure scares me.

Me too, Zloth, me too!

Back
Top Bottom