System Shock 3 - Teaser Video and Screenshots

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Some new screenshots and a teaser video has appeared for System Shock 3.

image_20000-1024x341.png

image_30000-1024x339.png

image_40001-1024x341.png
More information.

Otherside better not fuck this up like they did with Ultima Ascendant. This is a Day 1 purchase for sure.

I want to love this, I'm a big fan of the earlier games but I doubt I'll be picking this up on day one of release. I'm still afraid to check out Ascendant.

Otherside better not fuck this up like they did with Ultima Ascendant. This is a Day 1 purchase for sure.

After UA, I have a so big bad feeling...... They were unable to deliver a playable game...

Perhaps I'm being too picky, but I feel like the System Shock 3 reveal should have a bit more "wow factor". The return of Shodan seems it should have some more impact; be handled with a bit more dramatic skill. There's nothing terrible in the video, but it does give me an impression of mediocrity, rather than a feeling of excitement.

EDIT: Contrast with the SS2 trailer from 1999.

Now that, IMO, is in the category marked "take my money immediately".

Last edited:
After UA, I have a so big bad feeling…… They were unable to deliver a playable game…

This is supposedly a different team than the one that developed UA.

Perhaps I'm being too picky, but I feel like the System Shock 3 reveal should have a bit more "wow factor". The return of Shodan seems it should have some more impact; be handled with a bit more dramatic skill. There's nothing terrible in the video, but it does give me an impression of mediocrity, rather than a feeling of excitement.

Yeah, it was underwhelming even for a teaser. At least the atmosphere and art direction seem right.

Yes, the visual art looks promising - all those people in giant ziploc freezer bags look suitably creepy.

EDIT: Contrast with the SS2 trailer from 1999.

Now that, IMO, is in the category marked "take my money immediately".

To be fair , you’re comparing a teaser to a trailer.

I never payed much attention to the first system shocks. They came out in a time where FPS’s were the devil, to me.

Graphics look nice. Ill keep an eye on it.

To be fair , you’re comparing a teaser to a trailer.

Yes, I realise that - it's more about capturing the tone and feel, though, rather than the extent of the content. I just think the new one could have been a teaser for one of several games, and the appearance of Shodan at the end was rather lackluster, and didn't strike the right note. But we shall see. I'll try not to hold Underworld against them.

Back
Top Bottom