The TV Series discussion thread

I keep watching Vikings, but now it is just to see how it all ends, to me it isn't nearly as good as it used to be. As for that magician show, I've read and enjoyed the novels, tried watching the show but it just seemed too hockey to me.

Only one episode left in Discovery, it should be interesting to see how they wrap things up for the season. They've killed off the character I enjoyed the most, so now I'm watching to see if the body count increases courtesy of the Klingon snack bar.

They've killed off the character I enjoyed the most, so now I'm watching to see if the body count increases courtesy of the Klingon snack bar.
Actually they killed off the one in another universe. We do not know where is the "original".

I assumed he killed his counterpart or it happened beforehand, as that would be the ideal way to take over someone's life. I guess we'll have to see what really happened with that. Also, the manner in which the prime seemed to have met his demise....well, he phasered someone rather than do to them what was done to him....perhaps he isn't totally gone. Some mote dropped on the daft girl, I initially thought that might be Hugh, but maybe not.

Altered Carbon. Struggled with the first 2 episodes but it really takes off after that. I’m kind of astonished that Netflix went this far with the sex and violence. The books are extremely violent and Netflix isn’t shying away. And going full frontal with recognizable actors is pretty surprising. I really like all the additions to the story. I cannot wait for Woken Furies. That will be something.

I'm looking forward to Altered Carbon, the novel was really good so I have high hopes for what Netflix did with it. Tonight, part three of Counterpart airs, we enjoyed the first two parts immensely, as a series it seems to have unlimited potential. I've always thought Simmons was grossly underappreciated as an actor.

And I think tonight may also be the final episode of Discovery for this series.

Four episodes into Season 2 of Stranger Things. I love the setting and the atmosphere, it's well written and the actors are great. I'm finding the overall plot less engaging than the first one though. It just doesn't really seem to be going anywhere. And one of the kids has done something inexplicably dumb with something he found in a bin, the kind of dumb that serves to move the plot forward but just doesn't really make sense. Still good TV though overall.

Last edited:
Anyone watched Greenleaf ?
It's a bit of an odd one out. It's about a family of religious black Americans in Memphis with the patriarch being the head of a large Church. It covers issues such as abuse, homosexuality, family issues etc.
It's not usually my thing, but after the first few "cringeworthy" episodes, the characters do fall into place.

It's two seasons long, so if you like drama and are interested in something a bit different to your usual one, it's quite good.

Hmmmm, turns out that I was wrong, there appears to be yet one more Discovery episode left for this series.

Wow, Counterpart. Way to up the game and make most other thrillers/espionage shows look lame by comparison. That was an excellent episode tonight.

Yep Altered Carbon. I didn't recognize I had read the book until the cop crashed landed the flying car in the garden. It's funny that the memory stacks or body sleeves didn't tip me off. In any event I'm enjoying the show, two episodes left. I'm really curious how the show is going to work the convoluted murder mystery. Additionally, the visuals are fantastic, this show must be very expensive to produce.

This show has definitely taken the bad taste of Electric Dreams off my palate.

Finished Westworld three days ago. Wow. I can not believe the number of twists in the show that I did not see coming. I am going to have to watch it again just to see and appreciate some of the fine story elements that will have a new dimension upon a second viewing.

Of course, the best thing of all on television yesterday was the awesome defeat of the Cheatriots. Great job, Eagles, you are now my second favourite team of all time!!! I bet Philly was quite the raucous place to be last night.

You bugger. I recorded it for tonight as it was shown too late for me last night. I managed to avoid the result so far. Didn't think to dodge the TV thread on the Watch. :p

Shame they trashed the city. I've always praised my experience at football games in America, as far more civilisated than our tribal mayhem.

It does appear that there was a bit of mayhem in Philly. In other more surprising news today, the sun did rise.

Ok maybe a bit smarmy =p. I never lived in Philly but spent some time there, the population reaction to finally winning a Lombardi trophy doesn't surprise me one iota. Those people can raise pulses!

I didn't know about Philadelphia's reputation. I read they were being dicks about town in the days beforehand, throwing beers over people and such, and not in a fun, gamenight kind of way.

Of course, the best thing of all on television yesterday was the awesome defeat of the Cheatriots. Great job, Eagles, you are now my second favourite team of all time!!! I bet Philly was quite the raucous place to be last night.

We like to give the peasants a ring occasionally. Keeps them in line.

I don't watch super bowl nor I plan to watch that crap ever in my so called life. :)

Back
Top Bottom