2009/2010 NHL Playoffs

Red Wings fans are quite familiar with hatred. As the NHL's most successful team over the last 15 years, people love to come up with any little theory in an attempt to bring them down. As far as Crosby goes, I don't hate him, but I don't like him either.

I am familiar with that as a Patriots fan. Nobody gave a rats ass about them when they were the doormat of the league for so long. They started winning, and the hatred started. Same with the Penguins. Nobody cared when they were losing year after year and talking of relocating. And criticisms of the Wings are no different than the Patriots, Yankees, etc. Some of it is warranted, some of it isn't.

Guess that's why everyone loves the Leafs!! :)

I CAN'T stand the leafs and their fans :p. I just can't do it heh.
I won't bother with predictions :/, it just seems that as soon as I dare make one that the Gods of hockey try to make sure that it won't happen..

Let's just say that I'm hoping (NOT PREDICTING!!), just hoping that the habs will make a strong showing against the Pens.

Some terrible officiating in the playoffs this year. I don't remember the last time I saw a team get 10 power plays in a playoff game.

sorry..I'll get the stats soon. its crunch week at the university, I am just getting over a head cold only to get bronchitis.

Some terrible officiating in the playoffs this year. I don't remember the last time I saw a team get 10 power plays in a playoff game.
Paul Woods on WXYT was saying that was the 2nd-worst officiated playoff game he's ever seen, behind a Wings/Oilers game several years back when he said the Oil got royally screwed. Even listening on the radio, it was pretty obvious there were some retarded calls because they were called in situations where they wouldn't have occured. Even if you accept that Goontuzzi is a numbskull, it's not like he took all the penalties (for once).

Only in the first period and we're getting screwed again. Not looking good.

Few things are so weird as ice-hockey 7-1... if the red wings use their potential they can really do things to SJ

when you are down 3-0 in a series I don't believe you can blame the officiating.

look at that 5th goal the hawks got on Wednesday - it was scored by the forward by pushing Luongo into the net. But you know what, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Perhaps SJ is just that much better a team. They laid an egg last night but they'll bounce back - you can trust the Sharks won't be fooled by those illegal, bouncy boards in the Joe again.

Perhaps SJ is just that much better a team. They laid an egg last night but they'll bounce back - you can trust the Sharks won't be fooled by those illegal, bouncy boards in the Joe again.

Much better? The 3 games they won were all by 1 goal, one in OT, and that was with a 24-13 advantage in power plays. The Wings were the 2nd least penalized team in the entire league during the regular season, and now they're suddenly the most penalized during the playoffs. :thinking:

The officiating I was referring to specifically was the (very questionable) disallowed goal against the Wings which directly cost them game 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcoCL7MZlNY

Really? I figured you were going to go with game 2. To my mind, yes, we got shafted on that wave-off, but if you go into the 3rd up 3-1 during the playoffs, there's no excuse not to win. Game 2 was far more ridiculous. Not only were most of the calls silly, but several of them were made in locations where they either wouldn't happen or absolutely wouldn't matter to the play.

Yeah there's definitely been some shady looking officiating going on in some of these playoff games. I was watching parts of the Habs-Pens game last night, and I couldn't believe all the uncalled penalties that the Pens were being allowed to get away with. Even the commentors were in disbelief.

Well that sucks rocks. Gonna be a long time until football gets rolling. :(

:D I really don't need to say more!!

Wow, there is still hope. :D Happy Mother's Day indeed. I feel like Betty White!

Let's not start cheering for SJ yet!

summary of first round

sJS 4 COL 2
VAN 4 LA 2
Chi 4 Nash 2
Det 4 Pho 3

Mtl 4 Was 3
Bos 4 Buf 2
Phi 4 Nj 1
Pt 4 Ott 2

The West was a lot easier to pick than the East with 3 of the 4 favourites picked being knocked out - NJ, Buffalo, and Washington. In the West the Wings though lower in the standings beat the Cinderella Coyotes.

based on one point per win for team picked here were the results

corwin

W 4 + 4 + 4 + 3
E 4 + 1 + 4 + 2

JDR

W 4 + 4 + 2 + 4
E 3 + 4 + 2 + 4

gg

W 4 + 4 + 4 + 4
E 3 + 1 + 2 + 4

icefire

W 4 + 4 + 4 + 4
E 3 + 1 + 2 + 4

DTE

W 4 + 4 + 4 + 4
E 3 + 1 + 2 + 2

Lucky Day

W 4 + 4 + 4 + 4
E 3 + 1 + 2 + 4

So JDR took the lead at 27 points for Round 1. Round 2 is worth double the points for wins

JDR 27
Corwin 26
GG 26
Icefire 26
LuckyD 26
Dte 24

If the Wings aren't going to win it all, at least Cindy is playing golf too. Just for tonight, color me red, white and bleu. :rotfl:

Looks like I picked the wrong Canadian team!! :(

Back
Top Bottom