BG2: What am I doing wrong?

LOL ! :D

Yes, I see the point ... ;) It vaguely reminds me of the dungeons of the second Divinity game ... ;)

I begun playing it today.

I didn't like the beginning at all. Too weird for my personal taste, and far too dark.

Apart from that, the story is relatively nice up to now (still in the cellar).

I thought the beginning dungeon was one of the coolest in the game, mainly because it was so different than the typical D&D dungeon.

Did you play BG 1?

Yeah Irenicus' dungeon is the worst bit of SoA... but that can be fixed if you download "Be-gone-dungeons" mod from PPG. As for ToB, I agree with PJ but hey, the ending was so worth it. And final battle was so damn tough for me for some reason... Oo

I wonder if anyone made a ToB mod from the point of view of those Elemental Princes? I mean, there they are, grabbing a brew with the other Elemental Princes, plus perhaps an arch-devil or two, when some bad-tempered druid grabs them by the collar *again* to serve some whoopass to some fire giants. If I was an Elemental Prince, I'd get seriously irked by that kind of behavior.

Most of the time, they even end up getting beaten into a pulp.

*Druid casts summoning spell*
Elemental Prince: "Crap, now what?"
*Elite Fire Giant smacks Elemental Prince in the face, sending him back to the planes*
----- 5 minutes later -----
Elemental Prince: "What is it??"
*Elite Fire Giant smacks Elemental Prince in the face, sending him back to the planes*
------ The next day -----
Elemental Prince: "You've got to be kidding me.."
*Yaga-Shur smacks Elemental Prince in the face, sending him back to the planes*
------ Shortly after -----
Elemental Prince: "Hi. This is the Lord of Fire. I'm not here right now. Please leave a message after the beep. Beep."

Yeah Irenicus' dungeon is the worst bit of SoA... but that can be fixed if you download "Be-gone-dungeons" mod from PPG. As for ToB, I agree with PJ but hey, the ending was so worth it. And final battle was so damn tough for me for some reason... Oo
I have a bunch of saved games that I put online, mostly for this reason. They start right at the exit to the dungeon. They do a little better than the dungeon-be-gone mod because I get EVERYTHING in the dungeon. When you exit the dungeon, you have every inventory slot filled with something to sell or keep.

However, they're also a little worse than the dungeon-be-gone mod because my saved games use a character I built, so you're playing that. If anyone wants to grab some of my old saved games, they're here:

http://www.outshine.com/saved-games/baldurs-gate-2/

-T

However, they're also a little worse than the dungeon-be-gone mod because my saved games use a character I built, so you're playing that.
Nothing the Shadowkeeper can't fix, I guess ;).

Which was my preferred solution later on.

I have a bunch of saved games that I put online, mostly for this reason. They start right at the exit to the dungeon. They do a little better than the dungeon-be-gone mod because I get EVERYTHING in the dungeon. When you exit the dungeon, you have every inventory slot filled with something to sell or keep.

However, they're also a little worse than the dungeon-be-gone mod because my saved games use a character I built, so you're playing that. If anyone wants to grab some of my old saved games, they're here:

http://www.outshine.com/saved-games/baldurs-gate-2/

-T

hehe, that's exactly what I did. I have 2 saved games with my fav PC chars and saved right before I exit dungeon with all my NPCs full of stuff in their inventory. saves trouble of re-doing dungeon over and over and I get to keep all items from dungeon :D

If I remember correctly, BG2 strips your imported char of all equipment, unless you're fast and pause, empty inventory, resume and finally collect your inventory, which I did!! How does this mod change that issue?

If I remember correctly, BG2 strips your imported char of all equipment, unless you're fast and pause, empty inventory, resume and finally collect your inventory, which I did!! How does this mod change that issue?

Are you talking about when you exit that first dungeon, or the very start of the game? I don't remember being stripped of equipment.

He's talking about importing characters from BG1. I personally use the pause method.

He's talking about importing characters from BG1. I personally use the pause method.

So you can pause the moment the game starts and your character(s?) will be carrying the exact items they had at the end of BG1?

Interesting, I never knew about that.

See, you learn something new on this website everyday!! :)

Rarely am I one to scream "THAT'S CHEATING!", but I actually prefer to be stripped of my items when I import into BG2. Otherwise, the game is a bit unbalanced and it just doesn't feel right. I mean, you got kidnapped and experimented on, chances are you'd lose your stuff!

OTOH chances are the stuff would be stashed away somewhere not too far. That's how it usually works with computer games anyway. ;)

Personally I find it way more annoying to lose my BG1 companions than to lose some +2 gear, even though I appreciate that it makes the design easier:)

I do remember one thing that annoyed me. I had used some of the tomes in BG1 to buff a couple of my companions. They lost that when I went into BG2! From there on out, I only use the tomes for my character!

Back
Top Bottom