Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Gematsu features three gameplay videos of the upcoming open-world JRPG Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization. SAO:HR will feature fully customizable character creation. Bandai Namco is slating the new title for a fall 2016 launch in the west, and it will be available for PS4 and PS Vita.

Last edited:
Yasssss....Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization preordered for PS4! (also available for Vita! F yeah!) This makes Election Day (November 8) actually worth looking forward to.

That is one game I am NOT buying the VR goggles for.

That looks like the xth game based on anime show that'll suck as a game but will be bought by show's fans.

Not that vice versa is better, there is almost no good game that spawned some worthwatching anime. The only exception is Steins;Gate.

That looks like the xth game based on anime show that'll suck as a game but will be bought by show's fans.

Omg, Joxer

Don't worry. :) If it's awesome, I'll be sure to rave about it ;) And if it sux, I'll be sure to tell you you were right!

It might turn out to be a great game, but whoever came up with the English title is a terrible translator.

It's actually the exact same title as the Japanese title - Sōdoāto Onrain - Horō Riarizēshon. :)

It's actually the exact same title as the Japanese title - Sōdoāto Onrain - Horō Riarizēshon. :)

I think that's the problem, though. Literal translations often sound jarring and confused - you need someone to think up a better way to express the idea in the new language.

I think that's the problem, though. Literal translations often sound jarring and confused - you need someone to think up a better way to express the idea in the new language.

Ah, yeah, I see the logic in that.

It might turn out to be a great game, but whoever came up with the English title is a terrible translator.

In the second series the company that developed Gun Gale Online was US based. The characters expressed surprise at how good the Japanese localization was.

Sword Art Online II>005.Guns and Swords said:

Apparently irony doesn't translate.

--

On a related note, can somebody please tell me what a "beater" is? I can't figure out if they mean "meta-gamer" or "power gamer".

Last edited:
On a related note, can somebody please tell me what a "beater" is? I can't figure out if they mean "meta-gamer" or "power gamer".

A "beater" is a "beta cheater" - someone who was in the beta of Sword Art Online and who uses their head start in terms of expertise and knowledge to get ahead of other players, defeat all the good mobs, and get all the good gear before anyone else, setting themselves up as the best players in the game. "Beaters" are looked down upon a little, since they're seen as having an unfair advantage over normal players starting from regular 1.0 launch.

I have the first one of the games for Vita. I found it kind of mediocre allthough I do like the series. Jugding how ofthen they release games for this series Im guessing major improvments are not to be expected.

Back
Top Bottom