Drakensang Amazon quest ? or not?

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch
The additional Amazon that appears in Ardo's house - the way things were going, I had thought this was a quest, but when I meet the girl outside of her temple, she is upset that it's the whole group and not just Rhulana. Nothing further happens, no quest starts. I cannot seem to be able to enter The Golden Lance.

What is going on, is this a quest or not?

Yes, but you can do it only together with Rhulana, no other characters from your party. You'll need to let the others wait in Ardo's house.

Last edited:
It's worth it if you use Rhulana, but be prepared!! :)

Ah! Of course! :idea: I realise now that she was not including the main character in her remark! Silly me! :faint: I thought you somehow had to enter that Inn for the quest (if there was a quest) to start. Thanks!

Well, in the meantime, I had already set off to Grimtooth castle, and it seems as if quite a fight is waiting for me here, too!

That would be a polite way of expressing what awaits you there!! :)

Could someone who did the quest write in spoilers how the english translation called the people of this quest ? I'm curious.

Anyone have any tips here? I can't even kill one of these 4 before both Rhulana and my Warrior go down.

Also, when does this quest go away? Can I go do the next area (3rd dragon quest, one after Blood Mountains) without worrying about this going away?

Anyone have any tips here? I can't even kill one of these 4 before both Rhulana and my Warrior go down.

Also, when does this quest go away? Can I go do the next area (3rd dragon quest, one after Blood Mountains) without worrying about this going away?
Ferdok will only get unavailable when you start running up Mount Drakensang. I don't know about the quest itself, though, as I did it immediately after I got it.

Hmm, I didn't have much of a problem with this fight, although only Rhulana kept standing. Anyway, the most common suggestions are:
  • Fight in the sequence Companions -> Aydan -> Leader.
  • Let Gwendala summon an animal companion before you throw her out of the group. The animal will stay with you.
  • Set up traps at the bottom of the stairs before you start the conversation.

It was a rough fight with my spellweaver and didn't except it at all so wasn't prepared. And I feel it's a nasty spoil to have make it clear, ha well. :)

Some more suggestion/reminder :
  • Give the best equipment to your character and Rhulana.
  • Give few healing potions to the two fighters, this will help the lack of healer.
  • Don't forget to use the best defense mode you can have, particularely agaisnt the leader until it's the final assault to make her fall.
  • Just before to talk to the amazon make your mages buffer your fighters before make them leave the party. One suggestion is maximized the attribute spell for Agility.
  • Have one fighter confront the leader but don't let him fight against both Aydan and the leader.
  • Perhaps you can use few knock down if your fighter is efficient in that against the leader when your other fighter take care of other.
  • Both should have a shield otherwise it could be better to have the character with a shield confront all other but the leader.

Clearly some of those suggestions could not work well, it's more stuff to attempt.

I think it was Macale'anata, or something similar.

Thanks.

Comes close to the name I read in the German-language game, too.

They have a backstory which I will put into spoilers:

When Borbarad, the great evil ... baddie, invaded the area of Tobrien, and destroyed so many towns, castles and fortresses which could or would stand between him and his goal - the ultimate corruption, and corrupted so many things, when he invaded the land of Tobrien, he and his troops also destoyed the fortresses of the Amazons. Kurkum was one of their greatest fortresses.

The Amazone of Kurkum must be one of very, very, very, very few survivers. Almost none survived.

A fraction of them must have been corrupted.

There are archdemons which represend an corrupted opposite of the Gods of TDE. Rondra is the Goddess of War, and of Thunder.

A group of Amazzons must have been corrupted by that archdemon, so that they went into a pact with the demon (first circle of damnation or even firther), thus owing their souls to the demon.

The group of enemies from that quest is an example of such demonically corrupted Amazons. To defeat them is quite an achievement for the *real* Amazon, which might very likely raise her reputation in Rondra's point of view.

If you want to know more about that, I might try to translate an in-game article about them which once appeared in the Aventurischen Boten.

I don't remember having any problems in this fight. Maybe because my character was a summoner so I had a pet? I 'stoned' one of the minions, and used the wounding attacks (marksman?) from the amazon on the boss or something like that.
I didn't even buff anyone that I remember

I also had a summoner and it helps but my character was close to death and the amazon not much better. The wound strategy is interesting but not possible with a saber and using long bow for a close combat fight is quite risky.

I also had a summoner and it helps but my character was close to death and the amazon not much better. The wound strategy is interesting but not possible with a saber and using long bow for a close combat fight is quite risky.

Well it doesn't start close combat, if you can land at least 1 wound on the boss it may make a big difference (-2 to everything I think).

Good point, I used too much the more powerful but slower bows. With them you can't really but you can tempt your chance with a fast short bow. Well if it miss...

I wish I could help a little more here, but I had a battlemage as main and Rulana had max skills in saber and bow. I fired one arrow with her and then engaged melee. My mage fired ignifaxis while staying in defense mode so he didn't get hit much. I just concentrated firepower on one enemy at a time. I did have Rulana drink a healing potion or two, IIRC. My mage has good bow skills, so he'd fire arrows while waiting for magic to recharge.

Back
Top Bottom