The Walking Dead !!

Look at it this way. The horse gave his life so that he could get away. Not by design, but that is what happened. The first true casualty in the Sheriffs life.

God I love this fucking novel. I just reread all of book 1 and 2 (forgot to mention it before) It's beyond words.

I'm very glad that other people are enjoying Kirkman's work. The man knows about the human condition and lays it bare for all to see when we are stripped from society with no way to rebuild. Then we see what truly people can become. I will say this. No one in the books is good, bad or ugly. They are all one thing, survivors. That's what holds them together to get through this nightmare.

We had a plumbing emergency and in the chaos I spaced the show, argh! Looks like I'm going to have to track it down tonight…

Just saw episode 2. Awesome episode. What I really saw was not the stereotype "we save everyone there is to save" type of episode. Very well done! Too bad this episode was shorter by a full 20 minutes :(!

Well I watched Episode 2 and enjoyed it, but I was a little dissapointed. They left the comic books storyline behind in the dust which could be good. It means I won't know exactly what is going to happen.

Now about the zombies………They're not quite as brain dead and slow as in the book. They use rocks to smash windows and while they're not exactly sprinter zombies they shuffle pretty fast. Way faster than in the novel. Also WTF is up with calling the zombies "geeks"?

Other than those few nitpicks I still enjoyed this episode. It's totally different than the comic, but not so different that it lost me. I just want those zombies to slow down.

Last edited:
Not a clue, sorry. The only thing I could tell you is that I know for sure that it was a tank :D

Sorry for the double post, but this news blew my mind.

AMC announced today the renewal of The Walking Dead for a 13-episode second season. Since debuting Sun., Oct. 31, The Walking Dead has broken ratings records, with the series reaching more Adults 18 to 49 than any other show in the history of cable television.

You can read the rest here.

I knew it would be good, but I thought that it would be more for geeks and fans of zombie movies (which is sorta the same thing ;)) I can't believe how popular this show is even with it being so damn graphic. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the blood and guts, but they take it to extremes and yet it still has broken ratings records!

AMC is kicking ass and taking names. They have the awesome shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad and now THE WALKING DEAD. All hits and all just plain ol' AWESOME!!!

So a second season is a go. My favorite character will definitely be in the second season.

Last edited:
AMC is kicking ass and taking names. They have the awesome shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad and now THE WALKING DEAD. All hits and all just plain ol' AWESOME!!

I was just about to say something similar. :)

I don't watch much television, but it seems that most of the shows I find worthy happen to be on AMC. I'm especially looking forward to the next season of Breaking Bad.

Tonight at ten, JDR - dont forget!

Ive heard a lot of good things, this should be a good one *prepares popcorn maker**

I really enjoyed watching this and that is unusual since I dont really like horror flicks that much anymore but this was really well done even if it reminded me a lot of 28 hours later.

Actually I'm not sure the asshole guy died if you meant the redneck. I think Rick is headed back into Atlanta as I think he feels bad about leaving him there and also to get his guns as they will be needed I am certain.

If anyone has not seen it I highly recommend watching
Daniel Kanemoto's excellent opening title sequence

I bet you anything the redneck doesn't die just yet. He'll make an appearance later on and seek his revenge. Did anyone notice where the hacksaw went when the other guy kicked the tool bag over just before he dropped the key?

Definitely, it's way too early to count him out.

The undead "smelling" their own? That's a new one. But if zombies can see, who's to say what degree their other senses are functional and how they interpret stimuli. Smell is how a lot of animals identify each other. Still, a light shower wouldnt have suddenly washed that stank away. I think it was more just acting like a zombie, and when the rain started, their own freaking out (and talking) caused them to break character and the gig was up.

Yeah Skaven, that one scene was a little melodramatic!

I liked the episode, except the fact it was too short dammit. I'm used to full length features when it comes to zombie entertainment

Ok, just got done watching Episode 2.

Like skavenhorde, I found it to be disappointing, especially compared to the pilot.

Where do I begin?

First, the whole thing with the racist redneck just didn't really mesh imo, especially some of the dialogue. Were words like "nigger" and "cracker" really necessary? The words themselves don't bother me, I just thought they felt out of place in that setting.

Second, the part with Rick and Glen covering themselves in zombie guts, and shuffling through the crowd of walkers just didn't really seem plausible to me. They stood out like a sore thumb, and the walkers took far too long to recognize them. I didn't buy the whole "scent" thing.

Also, did I see RUNNING zombies??

I'm still looking forward to the 3rd episode, and I hope it's better.

Ok, just got done watching Episode 2.

Like skavenhorde, I found it to be disappointing, especially compared to the pilot.

Where do I begin?

First, the whole thing with the racist redneck just didn't really mesh imo, especially some of the dialogue. Were words like "nigger" and "cracker" really necessary? The words themselves don't bother me, I just thought they felt out of place in that setting.

Second, the part with Rick and Glen covering themselves in zombie guts, and shuffling through the crowd of walkers just didn't really seem plausible to me. They stood out like a sore thumb, and the walkers took far too long to recognize them. I didn't buy the whole "scent" thing.

Also, did I see RUNNING zombies??

They need to slow the heck down. It's called the Walking Dead. Not The Run as Fast as You Can Dead. You'll notice it never showed any zombie actually running (The most the zombies managed when the camera was filming them was a really fast shuffle), but when they were in the van those dang things kept up with them.

We've been talking about this over at the Dead State forums. Episode 2 has caused a stir within the forums. A slight stir, but it's still there. I'm not really sure what to make of it yet. If they go to Hollywood they will lose me, but if they keep making the changes that stick to Kirkman's world then it'll be fine. I'm all for changes, but make them believable damn it.

I really did not mind how they condensed a few timelines and added in their own flavor to episode 2. I especially like the ending with the kid speeding off into the distance, but if they turn these zombies into hollyzombs then I won't be able to stomach it anymore. That is key to his books. Hell whole plots revolved around how damn slow these guys are and yet they pose a huge threat. The bigger threat is always other humans and how the people manage to get along with each other without resorting to violence(most of the time;))

Here's a much better review than mine and I agree with what she says 100%. I'm hopeful, but wary in the direction it's taking.

You guys couldn't be more right about that damn redneck. The reviewer put it perfectly: Until we met him and discovered he’s FAR more of a cartoon character than a comic book character. For those of you who don’t read comics, trust: the difference is vast. Merle the Racist Cartoon Redneck has about as much nuance and subtlety as a dick joke.

I'm hoping now that they're heading out of Atlanta things will start to become more believable.

The two stars of the movie will be the white guy and the asian guy as they have the brains to actually devise plans.The rest of the crew(beaner,black guy)are just zombie food but has to be done in a zombie movie.They need the redneck guy as I thought he was the most real guy in the whole.IMO the Racist redneck is not a lie.I work with some people that act exactly like him and I live in NYC and not some bum%@$# backwoods town.To me he was the best part of episode 2 and sadly they killed him off....or did they.;)

The fact his wife is already banging his best friend two weeks after he wakes up is a question not asked about on here.That is gonna be a good one...................

Yeah, no kidding. With friends like that, who needs enemies. Wondering how that whole thing's gonna play out, but I hope they dont devote too much screen time to it. I'm already hoping this series isnt going to lose it's horror…. that's what was so compelling about the pilot episode. Lets not just make it all jump scares and speed bump zombie kills, one big blur of shaky cam action. That's just being lazy.

Speaking of lazy, the whole redneck-who-said-nigger angle on the one character is a prime example of it. They just ran the auto-config on him. Everyone knows that racism is the cardinal sin of our era, you might as well gave the guy a little Hitler mustache and had him out there disproportionately killing black and mexican zombies. That's why the more that i think about it, I dont think he's dead. They have a token enemy wild card out there to play whenever they want.

That said - it's still better than 90% of the other shit on television these days

Yeah, no kidding. With friends like that, who needs enemies. Wondering how that whole thing's gonna play out, but I hope they dont devote too much screen time to it. I'm already hoping this series isnt going to lose it's horror…. that's what was so compelling about the pilot episode. Lets not just make it all jump scares and speed bump zombie kills, one big blur of shaky cam action. That's just being lazy.

Speaking of lazy, the whole redneck-who-said-nigger angle on the one character is a prime example of it. They just ran the auto-config on him. Everyone knows that racism is the cardinal sin of our era, you might as well gave the guy a little Hitler mustache and had him out there disproportionately killing black and mexican zombies. That's why the more that i think about it, I dont think he's dead. They have a token enemy wild card out there to play whenever they want.

That said - it's still better than 90% of the other shit on television these days

Now you mention it I did groan during that scene with the redneck beating up the black guy. I thought "Do we really have to have something like this?" But then I reminded myself that this is going to be about human stories and conflict so I suppose it's acceptible. But I did find it a bore. And predictable. If the character in the book was better I have to ask why they didn't go with that.

Back
Top Bottom