Wasteland Remastered - Releasing February 25th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
inXile have announced on Twitter that Wasteland Remastered will release February 25th.

You've been asking, and now we can share...

Wasteland Remastered drops in just one more month--February 25 for Windows (Windows Store, Steam, GOG) and Xbox One (with Xbox Game Pass)!

EO7GAvYVAAADK8B
More information.

Nice! I never did get very far in Wasteland 2 so it will be fun to play them back to back. Of course Wasteland 3 will probably be out before I actually get around to that.

My first thought about something like this is never, ever let go of your IP. You can license it out for 5 years or whatever, don't sell for a few grand. It's amazing people are paying close to what they paid 30 years ago (in real dollars) for some old games on GOG.

I don't know if they're charging for people to play WLR, but the point stands.

My first thought about something like this is never, ever let go of your IP. You can license it out for 5 years or whatever, don't sell for a few grand. It's amazing people are paying close to what they paid 30 years ago (in real dollars) for some old games on GOG.

Well, to be precise, he *did* lose the rights, but got them back from EA in 2003 :p
https://wasteland.fandom.com/wiki/Brian_Fargo

Will this game be freely given to those who backed Wasteland 3 (much like we got the 3 original Bard's Tales games remastered)?

Doubt it as it was not packaged with those game. I think backers of wasteland 2 got an original copy of wasteland so maybe they will get a discount but i doubt it. Also this seems to be a really well done remastered. I wonder if they also modernized the gameplay.

Will this game be freely given to those who backed Wasteland 3 (much like we got the 3 original Bard's Tales games remastered)?

Outstanding!!! Allowing for patches and updates, this should be playable around summertime, so something else to put on my list to play for this year -)), Most of it will still be fresh in my mind, since I recently replayed this maybe three years ago.

Free with xbox game pass:)

For the life of me, I still don't understand why this was popular.

Its just another bad Ultima clone with terrible combat and terrain design. Who cares if its "out of the dungeon".

I'd only be interested if they fix the combat and exploration.

As I mentioned in another thread (or so I remember) I am a bit divided here.

While I like the setting and I think the idea to check out an early open world RPG is somewhat thrilling, I also "fear" the game mechanics.
1. Because the game mechanics were still terrible in Wasteland 2 (horrible character system which needs you to study the system before even starting the game if you want to not gimp your chars, terrible combat mechanics where only one choice at any given time made sense)
2. Because I just played The Bards Tale Remaster and I was shocked by how bad and repetitive the combat in these games was (and again terrible character system).

Due to that, the graphics would probably be the least of my issues with the game.

Back
Top Bottom