Fallout 4 - New Vegas Mod Gameplay

I don't see much sense porting Fallout new vegas to fallout 4 engine. The difference isn't that remarkable. I'd rather see a fallout 1 or 2 port.
Fallout 4 engine is way better than that shitty F3 one. I could not play FNV because of that shitty engine.

As for F1 and F2, why would you want to downgrade it into shittier engine?

Fallout new vegas was alright to me.

As for f1 and f2, well those games have aged quite a bit and I think it would be intresting to see how they would look and play from the first person perspective.

A lot of stuff was upgraded from the Skyrim iteration, which came years after Fallout 3.

From memory, it includes 64-bit only client and superior memory usage optimisation, volumetric lighting, animation fidelity, godrays and so on.

It looks a lot better, especially with the optional official texture pack.

Beyond that, the actual gunplay is on a whole other level in FO4 versus FO3/NV.

Same here. Not sure if I would want to play since I don't really like post apocalyptic setting… (Oh come on, it's not a crime against humanity) ;)

Same here. I tried F1 once, but couldn't settle in its world. I'll probably try again one day.

Here's some information on the engine from Wiki:

Fallout 4 uses Bethesda's Creation Engine, which was created for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.[22] Just after Fallout 3's release, the team devised numerous design objectives to meet for Skyrim—which were updated for Fallout 4's hardware requirements. The updated Creation Engine allows for numerous improvements in graphical fidelity over Bethesda's previous efforts. For instance, the draw distance renders much farther than previous Fallout games; in an interview on the engine for Skyrim, Howard provided an example where the player can stare at a small object such as a fork in detail, and then look up at a mountain and run to the top of it.[citation needed]

Dynamic lighting allows shadows to be created by any structure or item in the game world. Howard revealed in the E3 Press Conference[when?] that the updated Creation Engine allows for next-generation god rays and advanced volumetric lighting.[vague] The updated engine features a variety of visual effects not present in previous Bethesda games such as motion blur, temporal anti-aliasing, height fog, dynamic dismemberment, screen space reflections, filmic tone mapping, an updated material system—for wet textures—among numerous others.[23][weasel words] The updated engine allows the Bethesda team to add more dynamic lighting to every scene as well as "paint surfaces with realistic materials".[24] Bethesda released an example on how the updated engine works: "When a rain storm rolls in, our new material system allows the surfaces of the world to get wet, and a new cloth simulation system makes cloth, hair, and vegetation blow in the wind."[25]

The updated Creation Engine allows for a more advanced character creation system, which utilizes sculpting—forgoing the series of sliders present in previous games. In detail, the new character creation system introduces a new, freeform, entirely slider-free facial editor controlled via dynamic, real-time modelling interface.[26] The updated engine allows for more fluid animations designed for next-generation hardware.[citation needed]

With regards to the aforementioned fluid animations, the updated engine also allows a much more open approach to conversations with NPCs—wherein the camera views can change depending on the player's preference from a first person view to a cinematic third person view—compared to Fallout 3's rigid and instanced conversation system. The protagonist features dynamic dialog, which is context sensitive, and allows players to back out of a conversation. In Howard's words, "you are free to walk away anytime if you want, or you can even shoot him in the face."[27]

Love that the article is peppered with Wiki editor notes: "vague", "weasel words", and "citation needed". :biggrin: It's mostly a load of marketing blurb.

The "Creation Engine" wasn't built for Skyrim, it was a further iteration of the Gambryo engine they've been based on since Morrowind. It was upgraded with some new features again for Fallout 4, but not in a very impressive way, IMO. It's still the same tired old engine with a lot of the legacy problems, and a genuinely new engine is what's really needed.

If you really want to tell yourself they only made slight changes in 7 years with that engine, that's ok with me. I guess you feel the same about Oblivion -> Skyrim.

Seems a waste of time to argue about, though. I mean, it's not like I can prove that it's significant to YOU.

Just need a Bethesda game to completely bomb and go in the red in terms of profits. Perhaps then the suits will examine the need for a new engine and not just another paint job over a crusty, 20 year old relic. But good luck on that with the marketing department and Beth lemmings.

Just need a Bethesda game to completely bomb and go in the red in terms of profits. Perhaps then the suits will examine the need for a new engine and not just another paint job over a crusty, 20 year old relic. But good luck on that with the marketing department and Beth lemmings.

I guess selling 20+ million copies with an old crusty relic means they're not likely to do that just yet ;)

I enjoyed Fallout 4. It had problems, but I didn't think the engine was one of them.

I guess selling 20+ million copies with an old crusty relic means they're not likely to do that just yet ;)

Nope. Just like McDonald's isnt about to get rid of the Big Mac.

But I haven't gone to McDonald's in about 6 years. And the gamble on FO4 was my last Beth game.

Nope. Just like McDonald's isnt about to get rid of the Big Mac.

But I haven't gone to McDonald's in about 6 years.

No, I know you prefer spending your years in games like EverQuest which was always at the height of meaningful interactive entertainment ;)

Back
Top Bottom