Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth: Launch October 11

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I'm anxiously waiting, so much content, finally something that i can call an expansion and not a dlc.

I like Grim Dawn but generally speaking this trend of doing graphic novel-style intros is cheap and lame. Real cinematics which were replaced with these low-cost variants are still so much better. Reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukb5d7Q21J4.

Cinematics are great if the studio can afford to make them as well as high quality gameplay. If it needs to choose between spending resources on gameplay or cinematics, as is the case with Crate and other similar smaller developers, I believe the majority of their fan base would want those resources used on the core gameplay. Graphic-novel style cutscenes work just fine for these games!

Grim Dawn is my favorite modern Action RPG, easily surpassing Diablo 3 or Path of Exile (the latter, extremely weak in my opinion). As such, I'm overjoyed and extremely hyped for what's turning up to be an excellent, content filled expansion pack. October the 11st cannot come soon enough!

Backed this game on KS "1975" days ago w/ 1st expansion free...bout dern time!

i spent 1900 hrs in vanilla, just saying…

edit: there is a mortar trap set in expansion.

Last edited:
I put a few hundred hours into Grim Dawn over the years but after recent improvements for Path of Exile I see no reason to go back to an inferior aRPG. Only reason would be not having a stable internet connection.

I put a few hundred hours into Grim Dawn over the years but after recent improvements for Path of Exile I see no reason to go back to an inferior aRPG. Only reason would be not having a stable internet connection.

in that sentence i see at least 2 errors.

1 "inferior arpg"
2 Always online being better than single player oriented.

I like it because it's SP-friendly and doesn't require an internet connection. Rolled an Occultist and Demolitionist, other classes were kind of boring though.

in that sentence i see at least 2 errors.

1 "inferior arpg"
2 Always online being better than single player oriented.
1. This is a matter of personal taste.
2. PoE is also more or less single player oriented. Trading will get you some items easier and faster but anything can be acquired with enough playtime and grinding (just like in GD).

For clearing content, there is 0 content in the game that requires a party, and some of it is even much harder if you do go in with a party.

1. This is a matter of personal taste.
2. PoE is also more or less single player oriented. Trading will get you some items easier and faster but anything can be acquired with enough playtime and grinding (just like in GD).

For clearing content, there is 0 content in the game that requires a party, and some of it is even much harder if you do go in with a party.

nah POE is made from scratch for dedicated servers, while gd is single player oriented : it is moddable and community added classes, skills etc…

POE is not and will never be moddable . I played it and liked it for a while, what made me run away is : 1 those guys working @ balance team , being the game f2p it has the curse of this model so every single season there is an absurderly op build to attract ppl. 2 Overemphasis on trade at the point you have to use 3rd party programs to trade the almighty currency.

Big part is personal taste and i won't argue with that but POE is not single player oriented at all.

Have they fixed multiplayer yet? This game is unplayable for me otherwise.

Have they fixed multiplayer yet? This game is unplayable for me otherwise.
Is it broken for everyone? Last time a friend and I tried (on a LAN) we couldn't get it to work, but we never investigated if it was a wide-spread problem.

Is it broken for everyone? Last time a friend and I tried (on a LAN) we couldn't get it to work, but we never investigated if it was a wide-spread problem.

Its finnicky and broken, even if you do get it to work it crashes after a while. You had problems getting one other person to play, I was trying to play with 3 others. It's a shame too, it is a good game.

Has crate indicated what happens after this expansion ? More work on grim dawn or a new project ?

A new project is already in developement but is not a arpg from the few info i got on the forum it's more like a town building game.

For GD i guess it depends on how well this xpac will sell, assuming that will be a hit there could be 2 options : 1 another xpac on the same engine 2 gd2 with new engine

Personally i would love at least another xpac after this one, the game is already huge but i want to see a gargantuan monument to argpg/hack&slash or whatever you fancy naming it.

Back
Top Bottom