Games Featuring Primary Elements

Lazures

Traveler
Hey,firstly,such a great site thanks ! I wouldnt have found any good RPG's without you.

Now,I'm looking for something uses magic as Primary elements of earth,you know Fire,Water,Earth,Air.
Genre is not THAT important but preferably offline RPG,by offline I mean it could have a multiplayer but
it should have a single-player campaign at least,right?

Like ''A Farewell To Dragons?'' however it had much problems.

''Elemental: War of Magic'' is an excellent game however with that much bugs,I'm not sure its worth the price

''Age of Wonders 2: Wizards Throne'' is the perfect example,although its a strategy game.

What comes to mind?

Gothic, Risen, Divinity, NWN, Wizardry, and most other RPG's!! :)

I know you said "most other RPGs", but I can't believe you didn't specifically mention Might and Magic! Tsk tsk, Corwin!

I did play NWN,Wizardry is too outdated for me unfortunately.I've actually just bought Risen I'll check it out :)

But you know,like you focus on Air,Water,Fire,Earth.But REALLY focusing.Most RPG's dont come with that.

Thanks Corwin by the way,I'm reading this forum for really long and you're such a nice contributor

Any other recommendations ? Please? :)

4 Elements (Puzzle game, not an RPG)
Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal (Great Action-Adventure with Pokemon elements, not an RPG — you get to fight with fairies that are each based on an element (fire, ice, earth, air, dark, light, IIRC))

Dragon Age has different magic paths for magic users, the healing tree is earth-based, but I wouldn't call it a game that's based around elements. The talent trees are just there …

Wizardry 8 perhaps, but again Elements aren't the central theme.

I assume you want to play an Earth mage? ;)

Anyway, a really, really great TV series you may want to watch if you are interested in the "Magic of the Four Elements" (tm) is "Avatar: The Last Airbender" (not the movie that came out recently). Basically it features 4 distinct magic styles and users, one for each element, each with their very own feel to it.

Yeah actually I was just going to point out that anime series Arhu :)

I did play Dragon Age,as a Blood Mage.It was fun stunning them with Blood Spells and casting Earthquake and Blizzard.Complete domination bwahaha ! Ahem..

I'm actually a big fan of Water Element since I play ''Magic: The Gathering'' with water cards :)

I'll check out the games you linked although I'll be surprised if there is anything I've not seen :(

Edit : Your signature is just the same what I think about mystery since I'm a big fan of mystery series,animes etc :) *cough*Umineko*cough*

Then you should give "The Longest Journey" a shot, and after that "Dreamfall". Both adventures about Dreams, the former more classical in its riddle-nature (might want to consult a walkthrough, I did just to experience the story before diving into the sequel), the latter more easy-going.

Water, eh? My favorite is Air. :)

World of Warcraft lets you play as an Ice or Fire mage (or Arcane), but you said Single Player. As others have said, most RPGs feature element based magic to one degree or another.

Diablo 2 with addon let you play with fire or ice (Sorceress), wind and/or earth (Druid)... might be too old though.

That's what popped into my mind, Arhu--Diablo 2. That allows some serious specialization via skills and gear.

I'm for water, too, but I need earth to "get down to it again". ;)

But in my own fantasy universe I've established a few "Elements" of their own kind : "Love" and especially "Life".

There aren't any other, yet, although "Hate" might come into it one day as well, since a demon in a short story knows how to handle it, in a way.

Ah, by the way, if you like the earth element, then you might try this book :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Druid_of_Shannara
And please don't read its plot there, since it takes imho quite a bit away from its surprise. ;)
It influenced me to a great extend, by the way.

You know Age of Wonders had a Elements Circle.

Life seats opposite of Death
Water seats opposite of Fire etc

Why water? Because of its manipulative specialities ey ?

Shannara has a series of books ?

Why water? Because of its manipulative specialities ey ?

Nope. Just personal preference. ;)

Shannara has a series of books ?

It seems so, yes. Just take a look at the Wikipedia article on Terry Brooks.

Well, first thing you have to do is watch The Fifth Element if you haven't yet. ;)

But yeah, several games focus on 4 elements of magic. Sacrifice jumps to mind for big earth/fire/wind spells, though I don't remember any water based off hand.

The pen & paper Rolemaster Elemental Companion was the king of all elemental magic, though: air, cold, light, vibration, water, gravity, heat, dark, inertia, earth, lightning (light+heat+inertia), fire (air+heat+light), ice (water+cold), wind (air+inertia), plasma (equal parts of all 10 basic elements), vacid (unequal parts, but opposing elements are balanced), aether (powers undead), chaos, nether (the point at which all 10 basic elements meet), nexus (barrier between the elements), spirit (life), and time.

A Gothic 2 water mage might suit you. You can become one in G1, but not till you're FAR into the game.

Two Worlds had Element-based magic.With some necromancy of course.
two-worlds-20070611091150384.jpg

Back
Top Bottom