Cyberpunk 2077 - More Info

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Farflame found a bunch of articles and video that looked closer at the character creation process behind Cyberpunk 2077.

From Yongyea a full analysis and breakdown of character creation:

VG24/7 took a look at the city environment and beyond:

This is V’s first apartment and it acts as your hub until you purchase another property in one of the game’s six districts. While stuffed with detail, it isn’t exactly lavish. It is located right near the top of a megabuilding, a superstructure built to pack in Night City’s residents and solve the housing crisis of the future.

Leaving your apartment isn’t a case of clicking the door, watching a loading screen, and appearing on the city streets. Instead, you put on your jacket, walk out the door, and find the massive industrial elevator to take you all the way down, past the boxing gym, shops, and apartments housed in the block. The megabuilding seems almost like a level in itself.

[...]
Wccftech found some interesting scraps of information:

Still, we found more information provided by a few developers in a live-streamed interview with the official Gamescom channel. The most interesting tidbit is that the shooting in Cyberpunk 2077 has been fine-tuned with the help of a former professional Counterstrike player. It turns out the player is none other than Łukasz ‘LUq’ Wnęk, who won the World Cyber Games in 2006 with team Pentagram G-Shock and in 2009 with AGAiN, among other prizes.
Eurogamer interviewed CD Projekt RED and asked about transhumanism and gender pronouns:

There are lots of futuristic video games which deal with dystopian futures and big corporations being the bad guy. Fewer deal with transhumanism. Where does Cyberpunk 2077's focus lie?

Weber: I think our game deals with both equally. Our Cyberpunk game has all of Night City, which is the place where Cyberpunk 2020 already took place so we want all of those things in there. All of those aspects are part of Cyberpunk so we can't ignore them. Cyberpunk as a genre has always been political, in terms of there being a few big people at the top and many many people on the bottom. And you are one of those people on the bottom. So for us it is important to have the corporations in the game, to talk about how they shape society and the future.

But the individual part is important to us too - how human you still are when you change your body. Look at the gang in the demo - whose entire goal is to lose their humanity and become machines. We're trying in every quest to have these themes and since you can always choose in the game how to deal with them, you can choose whether you want to fight the people on top or become more like them.

[...]
More information.

I kind of like this Yong guy. He's maybe the only YouTuber I can actually listen to. Oh, Quill18 or whatever is decent, too.

Reminds me of Mass Effect. I'm curious how important attributes will be.

I kind of like this Yong guy. He's maybe the only YouTuber I can actually listen to. Oh, Quill18 or whatever is decent, too.

Yes, he's not too bad. It's a strange thing, but most youtubers do seem to make me want to chew through my monitor cables within seconds.

Some nice tidbits that get overlooked fast while watching the trailer.

Can't wait to get my hands on this. Let's hope the game is open enough so you get time to just roam and explore, doing odd jobs and look for trouble.

full analysis and breakdown : there are naked bodies and there is BOOB PHYSICS

Some nice tidbits that get overlooked fast while watching the trailer.

Can't wait to get my hands on this. Let's hope the game is open enough so you get time to just roam and explore, doing odd jobs and look for trouble.

I don't think they're going for something like TES or Fallout. Street cred sounds interesting in practice, great way to connect ( world) exploration and char progress, but we'll see how they'll pull it off.
As you become more notorious, you unlock better fixers/jobs/access to better vendors/nightclubs, etc.

She reminds me of Bombshell - the 'Duke Nukem RenamedReboot from 2016'

Looking forward to the game for sure.

Back
Top Bottom