The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Reminder that I'm out this week. I get to be social with my co-workers. I can hardly contain my excitement.

If Az can finally get into Borderlands, I'd recommend rocking that on epics. If he's still screwed on that front, the Friday alts (rangerpalooza) can get some exercise. I'm still ahead of the rest of you (rank into 13, which I'm holding), so that's not really an issue. We were working Red Fens with those toons, trying to get Az's level 10 caught up a bit in older content where he won't get stomped before we all jump into Borovia. You could also do Black-n-Blue and Newcomers if we haven't already. Maybe carefully short-man a Tempest Spine?

Last edited:
No luck on the Borderlands front. I'm apparently not the only one either.

All the customer disservice department has done is tell me to reinstall. Which I already did.

However, someone did remind me of the original purpose of the Hall of Heroes; switching between Eberron and FR. I got Mirys out of being stuck at least.

Here's the new one :

DDO Store Sales: November 21st - 28th
Adventure and Advance!
Get 25% off:
Select Adventure Packs
Quest XP Elixirs
Now through November 28th!

Weekly Coupon
Call of Destiny Elixir
Coupon Code: DESTINYCALLS
Now through November 28th!

DDO Bonus Days!
DDO Bonus Days bring you a +10 Treasure Hunter's Boost, now through November 24th! This boost stacks with Treasure Hunter's Elixirs.

And this :

Expect our Black Friday sales to be announced and made available next Wednesday, probably some time in the afternoon, with a formal start date of Thursday, November 28th.

Including Black Friday :

DDO Store Sales: November 28th - December 5th + Black Friday
Our Black Friday sales are now underway! Click here to learn about all of this year's deals, available through December 2nd!
Get a Boost! Get 25% off:
Sovereign XP Elixirs
Treasure Hunter Elixirs
Greater Slayer Boosts
Long Lasting Supreme Ability Potions
Now through December 5th!

The Weekly Coupon gets you a free Lasting Water Breathing Potion x5 with the Coupon Code BEWATER, now through December 5th!

This weekend :

DDO Store Sales: December 5th - 12th
December Deals have arrived!
Get new sales every week this month! This week, get:
35% off Character slots
50% off Hearts of Blood and Delera's Tomb
75% off Vale of Twilight
Now through December 12th!

Bigger is Better! Get 20% off:
Sovereign Guild Renown Elixir x25
Superior Spell Point Potions x100
Gold Seal of Sovereign Healing x100
Colossal Ingredient and Augment Bags

Weekly Coupon
Summoned Repair Shop
Coupon Code: IFIXIT

DDO Bonus Days!
DDO Bonus Days bring you +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now through December 8th!

Spent a little time catching up The Book, particularly for the alt group. Look forward to…
Mains
finish off GH
Rage chain
Tower of Frost if needed
Shaaaaaaarn until our eyes bleed

Alts
secret bar quest
Illusionist
Archons chain
GH
Orchard/Necro4
Harbinger1
Tethymar

Clarification on my next toon. Phuury will be aimed at buffs, heals, disco balls, and occasionally swing a stick to make popsicles. Secondary melee at best, adequate enchantment DCs, and buffapalooza.

Event-wise, there arte some things going on now :

DDO Bonus Days!
DDO Bonus Days bring you a Champion Hunter Weekend! Now through December 15th, get limited time items with the Mysterious Remnants Vendor in the Hall of Heroes.

The Festivult Jester has arrived!
Turn in your Festivult Coins to the Jester through January 12th!

DDO Store Sales: December 12th - 19th
December Deals continue!
Find new special deals every week in December!
This week:
35% off Warforged
50% off Warlock and Mines of Tethyamar
75% off Tomes of Learning
Now through December 19th!

Honor Your Guild!
Get 20% off:
Astral Shards
Guild Renown Elixirs
Get 50% off:
Guild Charters
Guild Airship Beacons

Weekly Coupon
Scroll of Mass Aid x10
Coupon Code AIDALL

And finally : Giving the Kobolds the respect they deserve ;) : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/510586-What-genius-programmed-the-kobolds
(The word "Kobold" means in German language something like a tiny ghost or so …)

The shop has something new :

DDO Bonus Days bring you Double Commendations of Valor, now through December 22nd!

For a Limited Time: Double Bonus Points and Otto's Boxes! Find Double Bonus Points and Heroic, Epic, and Improved Otto's Boxes through January 1st!

Also for a limited time: The Tenser's Weapon Box! A weaponry focused bundle containing the following: 10 units of 5000 Sentient Experience, 20 Sentience Toolkits, 2 Glamered Weapon Auras, 5 Mirrors of Glamering, 2 Lasting Oils of Strengthening. All items are Bound to Account. Available through January 1st!

December Deals Continue! This week, get:
35% off Epic Hearts of Wood
50% off Favored Soul, and Sentience and Jeweler's Toolkits
75% off all UMD Tomes of Skill
Now through December 26th!

Advance Your Alts! Get 25% off:
Tomes of Learning
Select Low-Level Adventure Packs
+2 Ability Tomes
Character Slots
Now through December 26th!

The Weekly Coupon gers you a free Silver Hair Dye with the Coupon Code SILVERHAIR, now through December 26th!

The Jester of Festivult is here to take your Festivult Coins! Coins will appear throughout chests in Eberron through January 5th, and the Jester will stick around through January 12th. Happy Festivult!

And after Cristmas :

DDO Store Sales: December 26th - January 2nd
For a limited time!
Get Double Bonus Points, Otto's Boxes, and Tenser's Weapon Boxes in the DDO Store
Now through January 1st!

Hack and Stash!
Get 25% off:
Slayer Boosts
Loot Boosts and Treasure Hunter Elixirs
Select Shared Storage
Select Bags
Now through January 2nd!

December Deals - the final week!
35% off Raid Timer Bypass
50% off Morninglord Iconic
50% off The Vault of Night
75% off Necropolis adventure packs
Now through January 2nd!

Weekly Coupon
Lasting Heroism Potion x5
Coupon Code LASTHERO
Now through January 2nd!

That new coupon code is very easy to remember ! :D

DDO Store Sales: January 9th - 16th
Advance Your Alt!
Get 20% off:
Tomes of Learning
Select Low-level Adventure Packs
+2 Ability Tomes
Character Slots
Now through January 16th!

Weekly Coupon
Lasting Potion of Protection from Evil (+2) x5
Coupon Code EVILBEGONE
Now through January 16th!

DDO Bonus Days bring you +5% Reaper XP, now through January 12th!

My laptop may have just gone tits up. Working on it. No ETA at this point.

Edit HDD toast. I'm out. Was going to be out next week as well anyway. Hopefully can be patched up soon.

Last edited:
Good luck !

Code:
Update 45 is expected to contain revamped versions of both the "Catacombs" and "Delera's Tomb" adventure packs. This revamp will include the debut of Epic versions of the quests in addition to polish of the existing Heroic versions. The quests that have seen this polish pass are listed below:

Catacombs

The Friar's Niece 3/23
    Return to the Sanctuary 3/23
    The Old Archives 3/23
    The Crypt of Gerard Dryden 3/23
    Setting the Wards: The Lower Cathedral 3/23
    Setting the Wards: The Patriarchs' Crypt 3/23
    Endgame: Marguerite 3/23
    Endgame: The Archbishop's Fate 4/23

Delera's Graveyard

The Mystery of Delera's Tomb 5/27
    The Missing Party 7/27
    Free Delera 7/27
    Return to Delera's Tomb 6/27
    Thrall of the Necromancer 8/27

Epic Catacombs and Delera's. Epic VotM anyone?

I'm installing DDO on an old laptop. Thing uses on-chip video so I'm not sure just how well it work out, but we'll give it a swing.

Still haven't determined what's wrong with my HDD. I'm praying that it's just the boot sectors that are trashed. I've got about 7 years of pictures and videos of the wild dogs and a fair bit of irreplaceable music files and I haven't made a backup since Moby Dick was a minnow. If the entire drive is toast, I think Mrs. dte just might beat me to death. Would be easier if I could find the boot disk I made years ago. Then I might actually get to see if the problem was strictly in the boot sectors.

Replacing the HDD in the meantime isn't simple either. Dell/Alienware installs Windows but doesn't give you disks, or didn't 7 years ago. So I don't know exactly what I'd do to get Windows set up. Probably easier to chuck it all and buy a new gaming rig, which I'm about due for, in all honesty. I'm sure Mrs. dte will be totally on board with that plan since I'm soooo in her good graces just now anyway.

For recovering files, go on Amazon and buy an enclosure. This will let you use your old HDD as an external USB HDD. If it's still accessible at all, you should be able to recover most everything not in a bad sector, and if not, you may be able to take it to a pro who can do more than your average dude. As an aside, this is why I have multiple redundant backups, and I still build my computers with optical drives (I still make disc-based backups). With pictures and such, you can likely just go with a free cloud backup as well; Google Drive offers 15GB of space, which should hold a ton of pictures.

As far as Windows, you can request a backup disk for your alienware at https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln289869/installing-windows-in-your-alienware-computer?lang=en. I imagine it'll be a USB thumb drive, since 99% of laptops lack a optical drive these days.

I once thought that there should be some kind of´"secret space" in a HDD on which the windows installation stuff is kind of hidden on some kinds of PCs.

But I rather think Az's idea is the best one so far.

Back
Top Bottom