Discord - Another Gaming Platform

"My" guild (SWTOR) uses discord solely for communicating, nothing else.
I don't see much sense in using it as a platform s far, either.
To me, it's still mainly about communicating.

I know many here really donÂ’t like EA but itÂ’s really a great deal imo.

As quite often in the american system: the master hates on the servant who does as his master desires.

The turning to servicing the delivery of vid products over the ownership of games comes from players. There is no gigantic conspiracy by mega corporations trying to force players into gaming as a service. Only servants eager to serve their master.

Ownership of games makes sense: people might be led to play a game they've learned in their childhood all the rest of their life. They may play a game one hour this week, two hours next week and so on.

Gaming and the access to gaming are a burden when seen as a service: gamers play games anytime and the ownership of a game is essential to achieve the random access to a game.

The ownership of vid products that stand apart by the amount of content is non essential and counter productive.

Those vid products are empty once their content is drained. There is no return to them. There is no purpose in having unrestricted access to them.
Once a player is done with them, it is over. They move to another product.

Restricting the access to a game is counter productive. It prevents gamers from gaming.

But seeing the access to a large library of vid products as a service is productive. There is no need to own a content vid product, only to have access to it.

Players have already proven to burden themselves with huge backlogs. Which is more than they can chew. The demand for an extremely large collection of vid products already exist. Meeting that demand as a service makes sense.

Books could be an example. There are books that it is better to own as they might be used as a reference anytime, they might be used as a platform for work with notes and thoughts written on their pages etc
And there are books that belong to a public library, one time reading and then it is over.

Games are as the first sort of books: they must be owned.

Players, though, kept pushing for content vid products, once drained, it is over. They belong to a library whose access is charged as a service.
Such a service will offer a big backlog that the biggest players can afford, it is better to satisfy their drive to amass more than they can chew.

Yet, despite that pressure coming from players, EA is going to be hated even though they are working their ass off to serve players.

Yet, despite that pressure coming from players, EA is going to be hated even though they are working their ass off to serve players.
EA serve players? Is that a joke?
If EA HQ was in France it would have been burned to ashes long ago.

Nvidia also has GeForce Now, which is a streaming platform for games for a monthly fee. It actually works really well. I was playing Alpha Protocol and Witcher 2 in 4K at 60 FPS solid. But the choice of games is not really my thing, those being 2 of the best RPGs on the platform. But I think either streaming games for a monthly fee or downloading for a monthly fee will be a factor in the future of gaming. Steam may even adopt this policy at some point, but who knows.

EA serve players? Is that a joke?

Anyone that offers access to vid products as a service serve players.

Players prefer vid products that lead to access to vid products as a service over the rest.

If EA HQ was in France it would have been burned to ashes long ago.
Possible. It is part of the american system, to grow unsatisfied over a well serving servant.

Back
Top Bottom