Sovereign Syndicate - Updated Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
There's a new trailer for the isometric steampunk RPG Sovereign Syndicate - a demo is now available:

Sovereign Syndicate Updated Trailer | Isometric Steampunk RPG

Keep an eye on our steam page over the next few days for a playtest of our upcoming playable demo.

Sovereign Syndicate is an isometric steampunk RPG inspired by games like Baldurs Gate, Disco Elysium, Arcanum and Divinity Original Sin. The game is currently in development by Crimson Herring Studios, a Canadian developer based out of Edmonton, Alberta.

More information.

Well, I tried it out for a bit. The developer says the game was inspired by Arcanum, Disco Elysium, Baldur's Gate, and Divinity: OS. Well the Arcanum influence is obvious because of the setting and Disco Elysium influence is obvious as soon as you start playing…. I'm not seeing any BG or D:OS influence though. I suppose every cRPG developer feels obligated to mention those games due to their popularity.

Anyway, it seems pretty neat if you don't mind a talking RPG. Last I heard they are not planning to have a traditional combat system, but hope to improve upon the dialogue choice conflicts that were in Disco.

Btw, they make it sound like you'd have to wait for access but at least I was able to install & play the demo immediately after clicking the playtest button.

I tried the playtest as well. I agree about the influences. It's hard to make any connection with games like BG or D:OS.

I'm not a fan of the card element. It makes things a little too random for my taste.

The setting is great though and makes me wish this was more of a traditional RPG.

Back
Top Bottom