If you are offered one thing (in abundance)

If you are offered one thing (in abundance), what would you choose

• 1. Happiness

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 2. Appreciation

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 3. Intelligence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Physical youth (body of an adolescent)

• 5. Money

• 6. Knowledge

• 7. Good looks

• 8. Good health (and painless death)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 9. Long life

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 10. Luck

• Total voters
Luck.

I assume people believe it's about lottery or lootboxes scam, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about those certain points in life when it matters a lot.

A few centuries back I got kicked out of an apartment for whatever reason (it's was actually a dump, but I was young, inexperienced and not needy) and somehow a random acquaitance appeared and helped me to find another. Of course, I made a best friend of that same person later. Sadly the life in current society made us move in different places far away from each other, but writing it in details would be a long story unfit for this thread.

Seems that long life is a popular choice. Just so you know, every CEO, every torturer and every psycho eventually dies. Evolution made sure scum can't outlive every potential victim.

That being said I don't really see any right or wrong choice here. Well except for puppies, they are always the right choice.

It would directly link to Appreciation, Happiness and perhaps also Health (there has been some research about dogs and health in humans)…

I'm personally more of a birdman.

…pets can annoy the hell out of you too though, so i guess it's not totally inconclusive :D

It would directly link to Appreciation, Happiness and perhaps also Health (there has been some research about dogs and health in humans)…

I'm personally more of a birdman.

…pets can annoy the hell out of you too though, so i guess it's not totally inconclusive :D

Lol so can kids for that matter. Prefer dogs over children in that regard.

Aye read some articles on dogs and health - or pets and health in general.

Inconclusive is true as well as not everyone is a pet person or has their own preferences of course :)

I have read a study that showed that kids make a person/couple less happy compared to those that do not have kids. As the children reach the age of 25 or so the parents get happier again, and they then tend to look back at the past feeling fulfilled forgetting the setbacks and struggles at the time.

I’d like to see a study comparing happiness while having pets vs. having kids. I think pets win. :)

I'm pretty sure having children that love you is preferable once you reach old age, regardless. That sensation when death isn't necessarily entirely final - and that you're surrounded by loved ones as you leave this world.

Probably not something I will experience - but that would certainly be my guess.

I'm pretty sure having children that love you is preferable once you reach old age, regardless. That sensation when death isn't necessarily entirely final - and that you're surrounded by loved ones as you leave this world.

Probably not something I will experience - but that would certainly be my guess.
Afaik many/most people die alone or oblivious of what is happening or in the company of busy hospital staff.
Euthanasia has the advantage one is able to choose the time and company.

Why is time not on that list? :)
Time is money. And the other way around. ;)

I sort of interpreted it that way.

Of course, I'd rather be young for a very long time - than just make it to 120 with Alzheimers.

Afaik many/most people die alone or oblivious of what is happening or in the company of busy hospital staff. Euthanasia is nicem then you can choose the tine and company.

I don't know the statistic there. But I do know that I believe what I said - that having children who love you as you grow old is preferable to the alternative - as many old people tend to lose their friends and, if they don't have children, they often end up living many years without any kind of love or companionship. This is regardless of whether or not the family is there at the very last minute.

Of course, I know from personal experience that a lot of people DO have their families present right before they die, which is really what I'm talking about.

That said, there's obviously no guarentee that your children love you enough to actually bother being with you very frequently as you grow older - and I know several families where that wasn't quite the case.

Back
Top Bottom