What games are you playing now?

Yep, same thing happened with Diablo III with me. My tip for new players (this is not directed at you JDR) would be to up the difficulty every chance you get, i.e. most times the difficulty has a requirement, i.e. "Beat Act III on Hard", etc. etc.. Turn up the difficulty at the earliest chance you get each time. I think we made it to level 60ish doing that and unfortunately the game never really got harder, even with doing that, but it was a fun hack n' slash. The combat was so skill-based that if you are nice with the sticks you can dominate. Very fun combat system, though.

Got an hour or two into Dead State, and I have to say that it's a pretty neat game. The start was really slow, boring even, but in that old-school CRPG way. Once you start exploring, getting to make decisions, scavenging, etc., it gets pretty cool. I see myself playing it more. Already had someone from the shelter die, which triggered her daughter to have a breakdown. Managing morale, supplies and building improvements for the settlement is a crucial aspect. I like it. It has a pretty unique blend of systems so far.

I enjoyed it for a while too, Fluent. It just got too repetitive when you were outside the school.

I could see that happening. So far it's pretty atmospheric to scavenge and have to worry about zombies and looters in the outside areas.

Did you play the Reanimated version 'nut?

Having a surprising amount of fun playing M&M6. Always loved it, but never got very far into it - because of whatever.

Having mouselook and quicksave is icing on the cake.

Beyond that, I've quite enjoyed Deus Ex GMDX 9.0. That game was so far ahead of its time - but I guess we all know that.

Still trying to get invested in No Man's Sky - but it doesn't really take. Not yet, anyway.

Spent some hours in Rainbow Six Siege, training to become relevant for actual multiplayer. The game is so intense and fun. I love the gameplay. And am sad there's no singleplayer campaign.

Also spent some time in Warframe since I keep hearing about it. Honestly, it looks pretty cool, especially the armors. But the levels are kind of generic. I'm actually just following the quest tracker during missions. The fast movement speed also doesn't help. So basically there's zero exploration. But I started noticing the grind. Killing/Combat is also grindy as hell. And I immediately started feeling like I was wasting my time. So I uninstalled that.

Spent some hours in Rainbow Six Siege, training to become relevant for actual multiplayer. The game is so intense and fun. I love the gameplay. And am sad there's no singleplayer campaign.

You'll get hooked on that in no time. It's the best overall MP/FPS on the market currently.
Ubi dimwits actually did a good job with support and it paid off.

Having a surprising amount of fun playing M&M6. Always loved it, but never got very far into it - because of whatever.

Having mouselook and quicksave is icing on the cake.

Beyond that, I've quite enjoyed Deus Ex GMDX 9.0. That game was so far ahead of its time - but I guess we all know that.

Still trying to get invested in No Man's Sky - but it doesn't really take. Not yet, anyway.

I've never been able to play multiple RPGs simultaneously. I don't feel as immersed, and I rarely end up finishing them that way.

My experience with M&M 6 is the same as yours. I've always liked it, but I've never progressed the main story very far. One of these days I'd like to do a real run of M&M 6-8 if I ever have the time.

Deus Ex+GMDX is probably the next game I'm going to play. I want to play it while DX:HR and DX:MD are still fresh in my mind. I'm interested in seeing how well it holds up.

You'll get hooked on that in no time. It's the best overall MP/FPS on the market currently.
Ubi dimwits actually did a good job with support and it paid off.

Yeah, it's fun. But the skill level and learning curve in multiplayer is just huge. I'm getting mowed down constantly. I feel like I'm juggling learning the gunplay, knowing the maps and the abilities. And I always forget to use my drone to recon the rooms before entering. This is indeed a thinking man's shooter. Just going around the map hoping twitchy reflexes will save you, is going to lead to constant frustrations it seems.

Tomb Raider Rise... seems really good so far; only played about an hour but it seems much more exploratory oriented. Still seems to have some quirky qte of the first game but they seem better done.

I love M&M VI and I've finished 6-8 dozens of times each. Take Nikki to the circus, would ya? I didn't stay long in DDDA again. The game just doesn't do it for me. I get to Gran Soren and I'm already bored. Same thing happened last time.

So, I just bought The Forest. Another survival game. A mad scientist caused your plane to crash and kidnapped your child. First you must build a shelter to survive the elements and avoid the zombies (oops, cannibals). After you've done that, you'll have a base of operations to return to after exploring the island and looking for clues.

First game I've ever played that has a Vagina monster. I kid you not!

https://theforest.gamepedia.com/med...jpeg?version=ec40d95ae1f9a94af3194acce16bdd73

I've never been able to play multiple RPGs simultaneously. I don't feel as immersed, and I rarely end up finishing them that way.

I'm the same way, usually. But in this case, with these old games - it's more just something to do while I'm waiting for "the next big thing".

I rarely end up getting very far - even if I mean to. But at least I'm having a bit of fun.

So, I just bought The Forest. Another survival game. A mad scientist caused your plane to crash and kidnapped your child. First you must build a shelter to survive the elements and avoid the zombies (oops, cannibals). After you've done that, you'll have a base of operations to return to after exploring the island and looking for clues.

I tried The Forest a while ago, and it seemed very promising. Is it out of Early Access yet?

Been playing World of Warcraft like crazy for last few days. This new event called "Trial of Style" was added recently which kept me busy - basically, show off your transmog skill using your character's collected gears as per the given theme. So. Damn. Fun :D

Been playing World of Warcraft like crazy for last few days. This new event called "Trial of Style" was added recently which kept me busy - basically, show off your transmog skill using your character's collected gears as per the given theme. So. Damn. Fun :D

Did I mention that there's quite a bit of appearance variety in ESO - and that you can actually dye your outfit as you see fit? ;)

I tried The Forest a while ago, and it seemed very promising. Is it out of Early Access yet?

Nope. It will likely be in early access for years yet. They have a countdown to the next update and plans for stuff still years away. My guess is it will never be done. They'll work on it till they get bored. The game has made more than they ever dreamed and they're still passionate about it. How long that lasts?

It was on sale and I don't have anything else that is grabbing me :)

Back
Top Bottom