Outcast: Second Contact - Free on Humble Bundle

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Outcast: Second Contact is currently free on Humble Bundle until November 24th at 10 a.m. Pacific time.

Needless to say that this a free offer you should not walk away from. Yes, this remake was not up to what we’d hoped for and its visuals were already outdated, however we’re talking about a free offer here so those that were remotely interested in it can at least acquire their free code and give it a go.

Enjoy!

More information.

Weird system though. You can download it, but not add it to any library. Feels like you own a pirated copy once the timer runs out.

There is a big difference between DRMfree and pirated.
There was a time Steam or something similar didn't exist.

Yeah I looked at the download model and it scared me, so nope....would have preferred a great old games code or something like that for safety purposes, I don't click links or blindly download stuff, learned not to do that back in the nineties.

It is in your humble library and you can redownload it if needed. They have several games like this....
Don't think so. Here it shows a disclaimer that the download link will disappear next week.

Yeah, it says that it will be removed. Which kind of means that if you want to keep it you have to download and either save it on an archive HDD or burn it to a DVD, software-pirate style.

I know that there was a time when steam didn't exist, but usually you bought physical games then and didn't have the publisher coming over to your house and installing a game on your PC.

I can't believe this overcomplicating a simple thing. Claim the game at HumbleBundle, download it and backup on either external drive or some cloud. There it is for as long as the drive or cloud exists.

There is another possibility. The link will disappear from HumbleBundle and Humble libraries, but as long as there is at least one seeder, the torrent will still be alive. Means what? Pick download as torrent and then instead of actually downloading it, hit pause. This won't last for eternity of course, it's not Matrix special version, but won't go away instantly with the link.

Back
Top Bottom