CD Projekt - The Story of CD Projekt

Very interesting documentary!
It shows again the passion and great human nature of the studio. Also, big kudos for prooving 20 years ago, that people will buy games that have quality even though they could pirate them.
CDPR is the only AAA company I care about anymore at the moment.

Very interesting story about BioWare giving Marcin Iwiński and early CDPR a helping hand in 2004. Iwinski saying they had made a Witcher demo, and took it to BioWare for comments (Iwiński calling BioWare "the RPG gods") and BioWare reacting favorably and giving Iwiński a corner at their E3 booth to show the Witcher demo, while BioWare was showing their Jade Empire demo. Iwiński talking about his deep gratitude he has and will always have…

[I do wish the podcasting community would invest in typing, transcribing, or the like… But a different story/subject, that… And this podcast definitely worth the time watching]
__

I broke a finger playing voleyball in 1999; I was insured so I got some money, almost all of which I used to buy the CD Projekt Polish version of Baldur's Gate, a lavish edition with a map, one of the Harpers FR books, a good manual, Volo's guide, etc. Some friends thought I was an idiot for not pirating it, but most got convinced eventually :)

Very interesting video, thanks.

I still remember the initial coverage of The Witcher that he's talking about. There were some screenshots there that looked amazing, and really got people interested.

Back
Top Bottom