Divinity: Original Sin II - Summoning and Polymorphing

Which was actually part of the problem for me, because the subject matter clashed quite heavily with the tone I'm talking about.

Exactly. Cohesion is a big plus for me. I guess they didn't think that one through. But its a good game none the less, a very sound RPG technically.

Of course a true man-child hipster doesn't see the incoherence in that, which speaks volumes about their standard…

Will this sequel have a more mature tone?

Because I don't want to take quests from a cartoony shrimp on a beach….

I very much doubt that they will change what worked for them in the first release. It looks like you'll have to give it a pass.

What a bummer!! boo-hoo :( What will I play then, sob… Oh wait…

Well, Tactics Ogre had a flying ability, was a turn-based tactical RPG and was balanced with it. You could perch your flying dude up on a rooftop or high ledge, but they weren't untouchable. Magic and arrows could get 'em, and since the game had permadeath it wouldn't be too great if your flying dude somehow survived while the others in your group got killed. Was far from breaking the game, though, just an interesting element that could be used to your advantage.

I'm sure we'll be seeing flying opponents as well, so a flying Wizard probably won't be that safe up on the ledges.

I'm sure we'll be seeing flying opponents as well, so a flying Wizard probably won't be that safe up on the ledges.

Yep! Enemies in Tactics Ogre also came in the flying variety. Griffins, Birdmen, etc.. There was also a Hover spell that gave you similar benefits, but I don't recall if you could ignore heights with the Hover spell like a flying character could, or if Hover just let you move over difficult terrain without a movement penalty.

Flying characters does add another interesting layer to combat. I loved using Canopus in TO. :)

The abilities seem more interesting than I thought, especially the polymorph school. And yes, I hope they tone down the humour a bit, it was fun for a while but then it detracts. I still loved the original game for excellent tactical combat (...well, except for &%#!!! elemental %#@@!!! everywhere...but you can't have everything). I

Back
Top Bottom