Knights of the Chalice II - Released

All-time peak:41 on steam, so yeah they can keep their 45$ price lol

The backers already finished playing since a while , we had no need of the steam keys , i only tried to see the few differences.
No one knows about this game, no advertisement you will never get high player peak count. The game price is lower than a pathfinder book..So quite cheap.

I don't believe keys for GoG or steam have gone out as of yet, at least I've not received any to date. I know you've been able to download the game from Pierre's site, I expect keys will be rolling out shortly.

I don't believe keys for GoG or steam have gone out as of yet, at least I've not received any to date. I know you've been able to download the game from Pierre's site, I expect keys will be rolling out shortly.

You should have received a mail already, i received mine yesterday.

I just giggled when I saw the asking price. This should kill the game nicely. I made a mental list of games that I've paid that much or more to play and came up with like 6 titles in that last 15 years. All AAA games with great graphics.

Last edited:
Nah I understand what you were saying. It was just a joke…

I'm aware. It's just that I get a lot of the type of poster who likes to carry over debates from one topic into another, and I cringe every time it happens. Y'know, like, oh no, not again.

I mean, jeez man, are you gonna reference me every time you talk about Let's Plays now? I sincerely hope not :roll:

Yeah, the price is too steep IMO. Not just because of the graphics, but from what I understand the main campaign is pretty basic, i.e., a series of combat encounters with very little in the way of story, dialogue, exploration, or quests more involved than (go here and kill everyone and take their stuff). It does include a toolset / game editor which has potential, but can't really see myself spending that much… Unless I've been misinformed about the size & scope of the official content.

Perhaps I shouldn't even draw attention to this but I noticed a review on GoG from an old friend of ours:

kotc2.png

:lol:

Last edited:
I don't have mine yet either, so he probably hasn't sent them all out.

No key here yet, but then I was a fairly basic level backer, he's probably starting at the top and working his way down.

From what I gathered from the last update, there's no need to be concerned until his next update which he said would be after he's sent out all the keys.

Perhaps I shouldn't even draw attention to this but I noticed a review on GoG from an old from of ours:
Yeah, drama!
What's that about? I don't remember anything.

Yeah, drama!
What's that about? I don't remember anything.
It's the Ellis Studios guys again. Diane Kiefer was one of them. Search the forums here for "ellis studios" and you'll find a lot of references and drama over the years. As I recall, it initially blew up in the Cave of Sorrows thread with @Ripper; calling them out and Fluent trying to defend them:

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35731

You were in the thread :lol:

Last edited:
The price point does seem a bit high, as a backer I wasn't aware of that at all until reading it here. I'm assuming it's some sort of error or something, as the first game was priced quite reasonably.

The price point does seem a bit high, as a backer I wasn't aware of that at all until reading it here. I'm assuming it's some sort of error or something, as the first game was priced quite reasonably.
KOTC1's price on Steam seems a bit high as well, really. $20 is a lot to ask for a game from 2009 with the kind of graphics it has. ATOM is $15...

He hasn't sent out the keys yet. When I spoke to him 2 days ago he said he hopes to start early next week.

If you already got your key it is because you are a special case - either he knows you well or he was probably testing his process.

Yeah, the price is too steep IMO. Not just because of the graphics, but from what I understand the main campaign is pretty basic, i.e., a series of combat encounters with very little in the way of story, dialogue, exploration, or quests more involved than (go here and kill everyone and take their stuff). It does include a toolset / game editor which has potential, but can't really see myself spending that much… Unless I've been misinformed about the size & scope of the official content.

Perhaps I shouldn't even draw attention to this but I noticed a review on GoG from an old from of ours:

kotc2.png

:lol:

That's funny. The first game was very basic in terms of story, quest and dialogue too. So we'll see if there is even less.

It's the Ellis Studios guys again. Diane Kiefer was one of them. Search the forums here for "ellis studios" and you'll find a lot of references and drama over the years. As I recall, it initially blew up in the Cave of Sorrows thread with @Ripper; calling them out and Fluent trying to defend them:

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35731

You were in the thread :lol:
Ah, I vaguely remember. But I don't have the will to reread again what it was all about. :D

A bit annoying that I still haven't got my key sent to me...

Nor have I. Though I'm pretty sure Pierre would remember me if I dropped him a line, I look at this first week/month/season of release as prime testing time, let a few updates/patches land, then I'll consider dipping in.

Should be pretty playable now.

Back
Top Bottom