Mutant Year Zero - Seed of Evil Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
An upcoming expansion for Mutant Year Zero, named Seed of Evil, has been announced.

Funcom Reveals 'Seed of Evil', An Upcoming Expansion for Mutant Year Zero

Game set for Nintendo Switch launch - Expansion to be released on July 30th - New playable mutant announced - The expansion to the award-winning tactical adventure game picks up where the original game ended and introduces a new playable character, Big Khan the Moose.

OSLO, Norway - May 23rd, 2019 - Hours of gameplay, new locations to visit and a new leading character await fans of the award-winning tactical adventure game Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, as Funcom and The Bearded Ladies today announce the upcoming expansion Seed of Evil.

The turn-based tactical adventure game Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden received critical acclaim for its gameplay, artwork and captivating characters. Set in post-apocalyptic Sweden, the player controls a group of mutants searching through the ruins of civilization for salvation or simply something to eat. Using a mixture of stealth and combat strategy, while evolving your characters through a series of interesting mutations, is paramount to overcoming the evil that is threatening to eradicate what is left of decent society.

A new menace is looming in the expansion. Powerful and ominous roots have emerged and seem to be taking control over the minds of friends and foes alike. Fortunately, a new hero has arrived, and players can now add Big Khan the moose to their squad of mutants. He is not only skilled at landing critical hits but comes with the unique mutations Ground Pound and Flame Puke, giving the option to apply a more diverse playstyle in order to succeed.

The expansion and the retail release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch was originally set to release on June 25th. The new release date is now July 30th. The expansion and the full game will also be available digitally on all platforms.

PC gamers can preorder the expansion on Steam later today for $ 14.99 (pricing may differ across territories). A Digital Deluxe Edition will also be released today on Steam, consisting of both the original game and the upcoming expansion. The Deluxe Edition will also be available in retail.

More information.

Set in post-apocalyptic Sweden, the player controls a group of mutants searching through the ruins of civilization for salvation or simply something to eat.
Not true. At no point does the player need to scavenge for food. Eating is not part of gameplay.

Additional note - MYZ is currently 40% off on steam.
If it isn't clear from the leading post, the expansion on PC will be released at the same day (July 30th) as on Nintendo Gameboy. Or whatever other platforms. :)

It was a very good game... a bit on the short side but still worth its asking price. My only mild complaint perhaps, was...

the ending (or lack thereof). It felt like more was coming story-wise with the end and then it ended a bit "meh" with clearly the hope there'd be a sequel to fill more in.

The Deluxe Edition will also be available in retail.

For PC as well ? If so then - Instabuy for me !

I have this through humble bundle....nice game of what I played....right now stuck on Xcom 2 again...no mans sky(surprisingly good with all the patches) and divinity 2.

So NMS is a go, in current state?

I liked it...I was surprised how much there was to do....it isn't really an rpg, more like a survival game....it's neat though...I spent like 10 hours on it the other day. I'm surprised with just how much they added to it...they are adding VR support coming up to....I think that would be pretty neat.

I have this through humble bundle….nice game of what I played….right now stuck on Xcom 2 again…no mans sky(surprisingly good with all the patches) and divinity 2.

Does NMS has a story and a single player option?

I bought this just the other day and got maybe an hour in the game. I like the different setting and the contrast between a dark world and colourful characters. The UI is pretty poor in my opinion though, obviously meant for consoles, and no key remapping as far as I could find.

Still, expecting to play it through 'til the end, and might buy the expansion as well if I enjoy all of it.

Yes it has a story, though it's hardly anything special, don't expect a story heavy game. I've never bothered with MP, it's not needed. It's kind of fun to randomly run into someone. I find the gameplay really addictive, but i think i'm more of a fan of these types of games than RPG's these days.

It's kind of RPG'ish in the way that you are looking to upgrade stuff or to get better stuff (better ship, more inventory etc).. but other than that its a survival / exploration game where much of the gameplay is to gather resources and do rather simplistic missions.

It's getting yet another update this summer so i'm currently waiting to play again when its released.

On-topic: i think its a waste they didnt do this like a proper RPG, it's such a unique setting/lore imo..

On-topic: i think its a waste they didnt do this like a proper RPG, it's such a unique setting/lore imo..

What in it isn't a proper RPG to you? I certainly like the combat system well enough, it's a good way to do turn based with a party. The character building is lacking in my opinion, but not enough to warrant not calling it a proper RPG. There's no dialogue system as far as I can tell, and that's certainly a valid point for not calling it proper.

Just curious in what area you found it lacking?

What in it isn't a proper RPG to you? I certainly like the combat system well enough, it's a good way to do turn based with a party. The character building is lacking in my opinion, but not enough to warrant not calling it a proper RPG. There's no dialogue system as far as I can tell, and that's certainly a valid point for not calling it proper.

Just curious in what area you found it lacking?

From what i've seen and heard its pretty much an x-com clone. This universe would be far more interesting as e.g a baldur's gate type of RPG..

Yes...I have played its solo the whole time...it has quests that introduce the story to you....you can chose to go off and do your own thing if you want....it doles out stuff to you slowly.

One cool thing is you actually have to learn their languages and you do that by finding relics that teach you a word at at time, sounds tedious I know, but it's strangely entertaining. You can basically understand a bit as you talk to them but it makes it fun.

From what i've seen and heard its pretty much an x-com clone. This universe would be far more interesting as e.g a baldur's gate type of RPG..

Yeah, although I enjoy the game for what it is the setting would be great for a larger scale game.

Back
Top Bottom