Crusader Kings 2 - Free to Own Forever Until Saturday

That is a fascinating time in history, and if some of the additional contents feature more in those areas, I might have to grab some of them at some time.

Maybe I could have started my Templar empire from my base on Cypress!

Anyway, hiring them is good enough for me! I'll have Edward II hire 'em and go after Philip IV - and then if I'm feeling really ornery, I'l go after Clement V for being Philip's lackey!

Hmmm… I'm starting to see why people play these games (never really tried them before but I grabbed this and will see)

CKII is also one of the best roleplaying games I have played. By that I mean using your imagination to play the role of your leader. And you do this for each heir in your dynasty. It's truly epic, as each new heir feels completely different than the last, and this continues for hundreds of years, if you can hold things together.

CKII is the best overall game I have played in my life. While not necessary, the non-cosmetic DLC do indeed have a profound effect on the game and do indeed improve it….with the exception of Sunset Invasion or whatever it's called. ;)

I understand people's anger over their DLC, but it is hard for me to stay angry at a game that has so engrossed me for so many hours. It feels a bit like scuba diving. You have to come up for air every once in a while, and it feels like a different world when you do.

Also, Paradox has a proven track record of actually improving the game (It may take a few patches after each patch's release to get there.) With each expansion, you get the bulk of gameplay changes with a free patch when the DLC is released. That said, I can't imagine playing without the DLC anymore. They really do add variety and change the game substantially.

CKII has essentially been is continuous development since it's release over 5 years ago and has only gotten better.

I couldn't agree more. If you like the game, also pick up the Old Gods DLC and spread Viking mayhem.

Back
Top Bottom