What games are you playing now?

I'm playing ESO still. It's funny. I'm not really in love with it, but there just isn't else out there grabbing me at the moment. It does have some amazing stuff, but the combat is beyond tedious. If you could go 10 minutes w/o fighting...

I played the beta of ESO. I'm sure it's way different now. At the time it was a decent experience. The maps were large enough to almost feel like an Elder Scrolls world, and the quest and potential of the lore is obviously high. Maybe I'll look for it in a sale sometime and give it a shot. Now that it's been released for awhile I'm sure there's quite a bit of content in the game at the very least.

I just finished Chapter 1 in the Swordflight module for Neverwinter Nights. The main dungeon crawl was an epic journey to say the least! Chapter 2 is roughly 4 times the size of the first chapter and the game opens up a bit in it. Really enjoying the module so far. It's got a lot of skill checks and very challenging combat, and the overall design exudes a very high level of quality.

Guess I will be trying out Swordflight after finishing 3rd playthrough of The Aielund Saga. Fluent, do try out The Aielund Saga, I heartily recommend it since you enjoy BGs + NWN1 modules. If you like playing a rogue class, also try out A Dance With Rogues. I was initially really put off by this module by sheer amount of sexual contents but it is worthwhile playing. I abandoned my playthrough quite far in though due to a game breaking bug :(

Still playing (and will be playing for a while!) The Witcher 3 - I am having blast! I love dialogues, cinametics, quests, characters, graphics... love it all! So much love and effort went into this game.

Last edited:
I played the beta of ESO. I'm sure it's way different now. At the time it was a decent experience. The maps were large enough to almost feel like an Elder Scrolls world, and the quest and potential of the lore is obviously high. Maybe I'll look for it in a sale sometime and give it a shot. Now that it's been released for awhile I'm sure there's quite a bit of content in the game at the very least.

There is a ton of content. A lot of it is repetitive; for instance each alliance has very similar quests. The name of the enemies change but they all fight exactly the same; the robes/armor are just a different color. However, the regions LOOK vastly different, so there is something to be said for just going everywhere and trying to avoid most of the battles. You can likely max your level just by exploring and fighting the creatures in your path. If you haven't played since One Tamriel was released it is a totally different game.

Guess I will be trying out Swordflight after finishing 3rd playthrough of The Aielund Saga. Fluent, do try out The Aielund Saga, I heartily recommend it since you enjoy BGs + NWN1 modules. If you like playing a rogue class, also try out A Dance With Rogues. I was initially really put off by this module by sheer amount of sexual contents but it is worthwhile playing. I abandoned my playthrough quite far in though due to a game breaking bug :(

Hey blobby. I heard great things about The Aielund Saga. It's on my "short list" of modules to try, with Tortured Hearts as well. As for Swordflight, I hope you enjoy it! :)

There is a ton of content. A lot of it is repetitive; for instance each alliance has very similar quests. The name of the enemies change but they all fight exactly the same; the robes/armor are just a different color. However, the regions LOOK vastly different, so there is something to be said for just going everywhere and trying to avoid most of the battles. You can likely max your level just by exploring and fighting the creatures in your path. If you haven't played since One Tamriel was released it is a totally different game.

I liked a few of the smaller quests when I played in Morrowind. Going the path of being able to meet the 3 living gods was interesting. The exploration seemed decent but I'd probably just want to do another run of Skyrim: Legendary Edition or a modded Morrowind playthrough instead. Speaking of modded Morrowind I still haven't fully explored all the mod content for that game. Same with Skyrim.

Taking a break from ESO and started up Silverfall with Earth Awakening add-on. I'm one of the few who really enjoys this game. It is like a poor man's Arcanum. You have magic versus tech and you really need to choose if you want the best equipment. This gives it some replay value as companions also choose one side or the other. You can turn companions to your way of thinking by doing their questline. I like it, but it's not for everyone.

Just finished Final Fantasy seven on Friday, took a day off and then started on Final Fantasy eight. The learning curve in this one seems a bit lame, but sticking with it for now. Some of the mechanics just seem really obtuse and unnecessary. If I give up on this, I might move to Battle Brothers.

I just started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's cut, after which I'm going to play Mankind Divided.

I haven't played DX:HR since it was released in 2011, so I've forgotten quite a bit about the plot, and I'm enjoying it so far despite the slightly sub-par visuals. The director's cut actually looks slightly worse than the original game imo. The in-game antialising options don't seem to have any effect, and there's no way to force outside antialising in DirectX 11 mode.

I was a little disappointed in HR the first time I played it. I'm hoping this replay changes my mind about it.

@JDR
I've not played the Directors Cut of DX:HR either yet - so I'll be interested in hearing how that goes.

In between some multi-player sessions of Talisman with my brother on Steam, I've started dipping into Nethergate: Resurrection. It's the oldest Spiderweb interface that I've experimented with and so far I'm adapting to it reasonably well. I've gone for the Celts with a party of two warriors/two druids and are about 8 hours in, the party at a humble level 7.

The game has a curious setting blending real world historical figures and cultures (Britain/Roman) with the almost signature Spiderweb fantasy elements. Dungeon and overland exploration is fun and reminds me of playing Escape from the Pit for the first time.

I recall Dhruin's excellent review of the game as well with some well expressed points on valuing content above graphical quality:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=60&ref=0&id=273

Playing Thimbleweed Park. It's by Ron Gilbert and is a great throw back to Maniac Mansion/DotT. It has some great multi-character puzzles in the later half of the game and a good level of difficulty - I haven't had to use google yet but the toughest puzzle took a good 30 minutes to figure out what needed to be done.

I had a look at some of your screenshots - it really evokes the classic era of Lucasarts games. :) It certainly made me recall playing Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken almost instantly. How's the general level of humour and overall atmosphere?

How's the general level of humour and overall atmosphere?

The humour is very in line with Day of the tentacle and a big step up from Grim Fandango. There are a few references to the earlier Lucas Arts games but they are well done and should provide a few chuckles for veterans. Different characters have different objectives and it all meshes together very well with no wasted puzzles (similar to DotT).

I honestly can't imagine a better spiritual successor and I would back part 2 without a second thought.

I put down a few games to play Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition. Enjoying it. :) I feel a bit bad for having to shelve a very good NWN module (Swordflight) and a few others, but I will return to them, I think. One of the games, Ember, a CRPG-lite, is pretty easy to pick up and play and I occasionally just play it as a relaxing RPG with a nice story.

But yeah, PS:T:EE for me:ee. :)

Just a word of warning; Embers is a very poor game. If you have time to play that game there are much better games at similar price point. Heck - find a friend and play tick-tack-toe.

Just a word of warning; Embers is a very poor game. If you have time to play that game there are much better games at similar price point. Heck - find a friend and play tick-tack-toe.

Yeah, I disagree. I like the game and for $9.99 it's well worth it to me.

Back
Top Bottom