What games are you playing now?

Playing Fallout Four again with Far Harbour, so far it has been fun. There are enough tough creatures lurking around to keep me amused, and the new quests have been interesting.

Started divinity original sin but I couldn't get into it.

There's something that isn't clicking but I'm not sure what.

Maybe it's having played two RPGs in a row.

I played a scenario of heroes of might and magic 3 today and it's spectacular how good this game still is :)

I have eventually fired up Pillars of Eternity. Wow. Got me from the go-get. Drawn me in and consumed my mind. The last game that did that to me was Divinity Original Sin.

Pillars of Eternity is really *that* good. :)

Divinity: Original Sin is excellent as well. Two totally different games, both done really, really well.

Pladio, do you have the HD remake of HoMM 3, or the original? I have the HD remake on my tablet and have meant to get to it soon. Unfortunately, the remake doesn't include the expansion content. :(

Never played a HoMM game, though, so I guess I'm in for a treat. :)

Pillars of Eternity is really *that* good. :)

Divinity: Original Sin is excellent as well. Two totally different games, both done really, really well.

Pladio, do you have the HD remake of HoMM 3, or the original? I have the HD remake on my tablet and have meant to get to it soon. Unfortunately, the remake doesn't include the expansion content. :(

Never played a HoMM game, though, so I guess I'm in for a treat. :)

I got the GOG version. Not the HD one. I think it's the complete edition.

It's great if you like TBS games :)

If you're on PC - IIRC there's a free HD mod for HoMM3, well there used to be when I picked it up a few years back.

-kwm

If you're on PC - IIRC there's a free HD mod for HoMM3, well there used to be when I picked it up a few years back.

-kwm

This is true. And if you're *really* clever, you can get this modded HD HoMM3 with the expansion content running on a modern tablet. It's a little trickier obviously than just buying the tablet/mobile version of HoMM 3 HD, BUT the big bonus is that you get that sweet expansion content as well. :)

I cannot approve of HD remakes or any kind of remakes that leave out expansion content. That is a new pet peeve of mine. You have to include the expansions, people!

I installed The Aielund Saga! I heard so many good things about this module but always passed it due to installation requirement but finally got around to it. Also, re-downloading DDO. I had issues of my character freezing up within 1-2mins of logging in previously (then the whole NWN2 installation debacle wiped off all games on my PC!), hopefully this won't happen again or at least be resolved easy enough.

Also playing BG2 and IWD1... I love these two games! :smitten:

I might have said this before but.... A few years ago DDO used to lock up on me a lot too, then I set the client to use DX9 in the graphics options (I think the default is DX11) and the problem went away.

Good luck =)

Wow, I'm totally hooked up by Aielund Saga. Easily the *best* NWN module I've ever played. Once I started playing, I couldn't get away. I think I'm almost done with the first part already, I think I've sunk in about 10 hours. I enjoyed HotU a lot and this easily surpasses it. I can't wait for more! :D

I'm playing Grim Dawn and find it to be surprisingly compelling. Titan Quest is my favourite ARPG, but even so the setting and "grimness" of Grim Dawn did not appeal. But semi-mindless clicking on monsters can be fun, so I bought it in the GOG sale with very low expectations. I've been playing it in short sessions of a few hours each and slowly discovering the game mechanics. I like the improvements, like the secondary life bar, the no-nonsene portal to town and easy combining of items in inventory.

Now I'm wondering: should I also buy Divinity: Original Sin EE in the GOG sale? Another game where the YouTube videos make it look boring - but maybe it isn't? It looks like a slow-mo ARPG, or is it more tactical than that?

Now I'm wondering: should I also buy Divinity: Original Sin EE in the GOG sale? Another game where the YouTube videos make it look boring - but maybe it isn't? It looks like a slow-mo ARPG, or is it more tactical than that?

D:OS isn't a ARPG. The combat is turn-based. It's a great game though if you're in the mood for a party-based, turn-based game with a very interactive world.

I've been playing mostly Dishonored with a smattering of a new assassin character in Skyrim, Mark of the Ninja and still Spelunky over the past week or so.

I'm finding Dishonored reasonably enjoyable, not sure I'd rate it as highly as it gets on metacritic but then I prefer games a touch more meaty than the usual FPS fair.

-kwm

Also (re)playing Dishonored. Still loving it. I discover something new each time I play it … like in Mission 2:
Okay, so I'm here to get rid of person A and (perhaps) save person B, who are on their way to a meeting. All those other times before I just took out both guys with elephant darts before B could touch the poisoned wine meant to, well, poison him.
This time, however, I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't do that. But to make sure person B wasn't poisoned, I broke the glasses and hid in the corner…

Okay. So A and B arrive. A gets grumpy when he notices that the glasses are gone, but he has an alternative plan - seems like he wants to show a special painting to B. B agrees, and they move downstairs. I follow closely.
In the basement, I notice that A steers towards his secret den … the one I robbed blank about 10 minutes ago! And what's even worse, I left the door wide open!
A is duly upset, but he manages to get a grip and compliments B into his den, directing the man to … the painting. Which I stole as well.
I really wondered if they would now stand and stare at the empty frame and behave as if the picture was still there, but no!
B comments on that there's no painting there, and A - now really grumpy - orders him to look for the painting behind some crates. Then A draws his saber and I have no other option than to tranq-dart him, but … I mean …
isn't this just some great scripting? They thought of pretty much everything.

I'm playing Titan Quest at the moment. I got to the final boss and found my character barely able to scratch him so I'll need to go grind a few levels and built vitality immunity before I can finally finish it.

Also (re)playing Dishonored. Still loving it. I discover something new each time I play it … like in Mission 2:
Okay, so I'm here to get rid of person A and (perhaps) save person B, who are on their way to a meeting. All those other times before I just took out both guys with elephant darts before B could touch the poisoned wine meant to, well, poison him.
This time, however, I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't do that. But to make sure person B wasn't poisoned, I broke the glasses and hid in the corner…

Okay. So A and B arrive. A gets grumpy when he notices that the glasses are gone, but he has an alternative plan - seems like he wants to show a special painting to B. B agrees, and they move downstairs. I follow closely.
In the basement, I notice that A steers towards his secret den … the one I robbed blank about 10 minutes ago! And what's even worse, I left the door wide open!
A is duly upset, but he manages to get a grip and compliments B into his den, directing the man to … the painting. Which I stole as well.
I really wondered if they would now stand and stare at the empty frame and behave as if the picture was still there, but no!
B comments on that there's no painting there, and A - now really grumpy - orders him to look for the painting behind some crates. Then A draws his saber and I have no other option than to tranq-dart him, but … I mean …
isn't this just some great scripting? They thought of pretty much everything.

I'm going to have to try that. Kinda amusing that you were two-steps ahead each and every time.

Kinda amusing that you were two-steps ahead each and every time.
Pure coincidence. Usually, I entered the building either through the sewers or straight through the main doors and passed by the
secret den before I left, but this time I happened to enter through the dog kennels which have a door next to A's secret den. This means that the den was the first room in the main building I came by, and old sticky fingers didn't let this chance pass. - Oh right, should B see you take out A he will try to fight you (happened to me a few times), but when I took out A this time (after he had already drawn his saber on B), B will let you go. You can even talk to him. That's so ... cool.
Now I'm actively looking for alternative routes through the other (side) missions. Perhaps I should work a bit more with possession to liven things up.

Back
Top Bottom