StarCraft II set for July 27th release.

Yeah. I started with TBS. ;)

Although … I loved Warcraft I. :)

I am still very wary of any Blizzard RTS (or any other RTS for that matter) after WC3 time limited scenarios and other sordid panics/rushes/mad hotkey clicking skill fests... Too stressful for me...

So, I will wait... maybe until eternity...

Yet I like survival horror panics; no critical realtime micromanagement is the key...

I am still very wary of any Blizzard RTS (or any other RTS for that matter) after WC3 time limited scenarios and other sordid panics/rushes/mad hotkey clicking skill fests… Too stressful for me…
Well, I can tell you that you won't like Starcraft 2 then. Starcraft's focus on rushing is several times worse than Warcraft 3.

Well, I can tell you that you won't like Starcraft 2 then. Starcraft's focus on rushing is several times worse than Warcraft 3.

I think he's more interested in just the single-player though, where you don't really need to worry about that, at least on normal difficulty.

I think he's more interested in just the single-player though, where you don't really need to worry about that, at least on normal difficulty.
The same also applies to the Warcraft 3 SP campaign though.

Anyone remember a game called 'Z"? Wasnt that the one where the cutscenes with the robots and their seargent were hysterical? The game was OK, IIRC. Nothing special. But the cutscenes were a riot.
(Sorry to be OT.)

Hehe, I loved the video clips. Zod (the general) + Allan and Brad (the dimwits) were hilarious.

And yes, it was called Z. I played it a lot. I really liked the game actually, though it's quite hard near the end.

Yes, I do remember Z and it was frustrating and difficult as hell. :p Yet, wonderful and different RTS. Cutscenes were outstanding back then and are still fun to watch! I might have the original disc somewhere still. :)

Check the active fansite about it, you can run the game in modern systems in Windows with little tuning.

Ps. Company of Heroes uses the same famous resource point capture system. ;)

JDR, you're spot on about me being mainly interested in the SP campaign. As long as I can play it on normal without mad hoykey skillz, color me interested. Though I should probably play SC1 first. I felt I really didn't get the most out WC3 since I didn't have the skills to efffectively use all the units' and heroes' special abilities.

Yes, I LOVED Z.

I still have a CD … A magazine once had special (changed from the original) maps that one could only use as loaded savegames … I could dig them out, if anyone wants them. I don't know whether they work with the expanded version of Z, though.

They also published a CD with a map containing speech outtakes.

Plus I have a T-Shirt of Z.

@Ergonpandilus : Can you give me a link to that active fan site ?

@Thrasher
SC2 SP is significantly easier than WC3 SP, and requires very little micromanagement in comparison. However, there are quite a few missions where being able to build a base relatively fast is a requirement.

With a little practice, it shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

@Thrasher
SC2 SP is significantly easier than WC3 SP, and requires very little micromanagement in comparison. However, there are quite a few missions where being able to build a base relatively fast is a requirement.

If you play it on Normal or Casual. Playing hard still manages to beat the crap out of me. And I heard Brutal is absolutely nerve-wrecking. :p I'm on the last mission myself. And the zerg waves keep getting in and I get overrun.

@Thrasher: You've never played Starcraft 1?? I would definitely suggest getting it then. Not just because it will make SC2 more fun, but simply because it's one of the best RTS games ever made, if not *the* best.

@Maylander: I wouldn't say SC2 is easier than WC3, unless you're talking about WC3 on "Hard".

In fact, that was one of my main complaints about WC3, there should have been at least 1 more difficulty setting. The Normal setting was far too easy imo, while the Hard setting was a huge leap in difficulty. Normal should have been called "Easy", and there should have been a 3rd setting in-between.

The site is Z-Zone. Well, not that active anymore, but there are still some people on the forum and the site has all the possible information about the game and sequel. Another good old RTS is Dark Reign, very similar to StarCraft actually. Used to play it a lot with my friends on LAN.

I just got SC2, the singleplayer feels very easy on medium difficulty. I recommend at least hard difficulty if it's not your first RTS ever.

Thanks ! :)

Another good old RTS is Dark Reign, very similar to StarCraft actually. Used to play it a lot with my friends on LAN.

I remember Dark Reign, it had a pretty good campaign from what I can recall. It would probably have been more popular if it hadn't been released around the same time as Total Annihilation. There was a Dark Reign 2 released in 2000, but I don't know much about it.

Back
Top Bottom