Animated Star Wars Movie

Lucky Day

Daywatch
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-02-11-clone-wars-main_N.htm

Star Wars: The Clone Wars hits theatres Aug 15 to be followed up in the Fall by 1/2 hour mini-movies on TV on the Cartoon Network and TNT.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the movies are a compilation of those three minute movies done for the internet and put on DVD. The quality of those things was incredible, and they made a great segue between the second and third prequel. They kind of remind of Samurai Jack with better character interaction.

Sheesh, how many apprentices did whiney little Anny have?

Fans aren't happy with the new "secret apprentice" - secret in the way that no-one knew about her before.

Some call this "the continuity bomb" (found at TFN).

By the way, more here : http://www.starwars.com/video/view/623.html

Click on the picture with the subtitle ""Introducing Star Wars: The Clone Wars".

Bah. I liked the Genndy Tartakovsky Star Wars: Clone Wars. I loved Samurai Jack and I liked that animation style applied to Star Wars. I thought the story told in the animated series was far better than that told by Lucas as well. I wish Lucas would keep his grubby mitts off of Star Wars now and let the many folks that are talented writers that love Star Wars have a crack at it.

Is it just me, or is Lucas obsessed with appealing to children? He's constantly pandering to his idea of what appeals to the kiddies through the Ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, young Anakin, and now this girl Padawan.

Last edited:
The movies were IMHO always aimed at boys aged 10-12. I think that our issues with that are a combined effect of outgrowing it and changes in childrens culture compared to when we were kids, making the stuff twice as alien to our generation:D

Yeah, not sure how they are going to have Anikan have his own apprentice given that in the Clone Wars cartoons that exist, he's a padawan at the beginning and it covered the time completely up until ROTS.

I'll probably still watch it though!

Yeah wouldn't that be a pain in the ass!! :)

Lame....

I already lost a lot of my previous respect for George Lucas after the 2nd trilogy, I have a feeling that I'm about to lose some more.

f star wars
he should focus on making willow 2!

I like the movies - each one as a "child of their own time", so to say.

What I *really* don't like anymore is the Expanded Universe" (EU) since "Vector Prime".

In my opinion, their're distorting and changing the original Star Wars universe too much in these novels. They dift too far away from the original universe, imho, making it a simple, action-filled Sci-Fi universe with all the uniqueness gone (and especially the original "fairy-tale aspect").

That's my personal opinion.

That's because unfortunately George Lucas made Raiders of the Lost Ark. Not that I don't love Indy (He rules!), but if you read the interviews with Gary Kurtz, after Raiders, Lucas apparently came to the mind that all the public wanted was a thrill ride and no one really cared about plot. We saw the beginnings of that in ROTJ, and then it nearly destroyed (and did for many) the new trilogy. It's no surprise that it's worked it's way down to the expanded universe.

It's funny, the novelization of ROTS is one of the best novels I've ever read. Period. No qualifications. If the movie was more like it (as well as the 2 before it), we'd probably be jumping up and down for this new series.

I must admit that didn't read the ROTS book this far.

Everything around ROTS is dark and gloomy and murky (Fall of the Old Republic), that's why I don't like it.

The book is great. Yeah, the ending is a bit of a downer of course, but it's done so well, that I didn't care!

I think it is possible - by the end of Ep II Anakin was a full Jedi, capable of taking a Padawan, and the Jedi were being slaughtered en masse. Later 'EU lore' has Jedi taking multiple apprentices due to dwindling numbers ... so I'm willing to stretch my brain around more continuity bumps ;)

Sounds reasonable.

My greatest criticism is that the wghole Saga will remain connected in the memories of the people with the Fall ... That Star Wars is in principle a wholly gloomy tale.

There won't be books on the redemption of Darth Vader or the rise of the New Republic anymore ... The focus for the next years or even decades lies on the darkness of the Fall.

Argueing from a psychological point of view, this makes SW look much more gloomy than the original Trilogy was.

Back
Top Bottom