The Bard's Tale IV - Kickstarter on the 2nd of June

Looking at the last Bard's Tale, I'm having a hard time detecting how much Brian cares about the IP :)

I read a recent article that explains that game, that he was going through a time where he realized that all rpg's were still using go into the sewers and kill rats...so he wanted to make a spoof of the genre, it was a place he was in at the time.

I could honestly see this.

I read a recent article that explains that game, that he was going through a time where he realized that all rpg's were still using go into the sewers and kill rats…so he wanted to make a spoof of the genre, it was a place he was in at the time.

I could honestly see this.

If it was just a spoof, then why use the Bard's Tale name?

The game itself was mostly crap - even if the humor might have worked for some. A cheap usage of a classic.

Sorry, where you guys are seeing a guy who really cares about the franchise, I'm seeing a guy taking advantage of an opportunity.

Nothing wrong with that, necessarily, but hardly too impressive.

TBH, Bard's Tale always came in third place with me in the great Wiz/MM/BT triumvirate. That said, as long as it remains a party based dungeon crawler with lotsa character class options to choose from, I'll back it, play it and enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom