The Outer Worlds - Announced

I'm really liking the sound of this, it sounds a bit too good to be true so I'll go easy on the hype though.

So, I watched the gameplay video. The game is not as bad as I initially thought. I revised my interest from "hard pass" to "somewhat interested". It still may not be my kind of game, need a lot more info, but I can see the vibe they are going for, and it has potential.

Cautiously optimistic... look forward to seeing it develop more. At least it has my attention and interest... unlike Bioware's "trailer" for their new game (which left me thinking it is some kind of mining or sculpting simulator).

I'm interested. Seems like a good competition to Fallout and Bethesda games in general. Good timing. I hope companion AI is good, it was OK-ish in that gameplay video.

I hope it won't be an open world game.

Confirmed not to be open world in PCGamer impression article. It has zones with loading screens in-between them.

This looks great. Jumped straight to the top of my excited list.

I'm cautious about new settings as they usually tend to be shallow and uninteresting, but I'm optimistic about this one. After all, Obsidian has never disappointed me. It might as well become my most anticipated game for the next year.

Last edited:
3. Not specified if the lead designer or whatever lead is Josh Sawyer, this game would be better without his "balancing"

Seems instabuy for me.

Josh Sawyer is just a consultant on this project, it's being lead by Tim motherf'n Cain and Leonard Boyarsky.

Needless to say, instabuy for me, too. And probably my GOTY 2019. :thumbsup:

Looks interesting. "Cartoony" art direction is a good choice, adds more color, helps improve visuals for obviously something done on limited budget.
Gameplay, animations, overall everything on presentation/technical side looks outdated/janky though.
I guess it will come down to how well designed systems/mechanics. ( Is it me or did Dungeon Siege 3 look better?)
Not feeling the writing, kind of sceptical about it after their last few games, but not enough to see of it here.

I like the graphics, nothing wrong with some colors instead of the normal post apoc browns and greys.

I’ll be waiting to see about exploration and rpg elements as that’s what the bulk of my purchase decision will be based on.

Only other thing is PLEASE!! Let me holster that weapon.

I've had a Bioshock itch for quite some time, this might just scratch it.
Has potential to be good.:fingerscrossed:

I did see a little bit of family resemblance to Elex, apart from the others mentioned. The slightly second tier animation, the bandit/scifi mix. If this were Elex 4 I think PB would be happy.

Confirmed not to be open world in PCGamer impression article. It has zones with loading screens in-between them.

How does having zones make it not open-world? Most of the articles I've read are saying it is open-world, and Obsidian has stated it's their largest game ever. Of course that could be interpreted multiple ways.

Looks good. Trailer gets me the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy vibe a bit. Hope it will be slightly more serious.

Considering how tough the rpg crowd is, obsidian must be ecstatic seeing the lukewarm reception here. I bet they are opening the champagne.

I give credit to Oblivion for keeping the lid on this project. This isn't some niche iso-RPG, this is AAA, big-money project.

The name has been known for awhile, but yeah they did a great job of preventing any leaks for a project this size. I don't think anyone outside of a select few knew exactly what it was going to be.

The game announcement made front page of reddit, and the YouTube video trailer already has over a million views, a first for Obsidian (in comparison PoE1 has 800k and it took years for that).

I'm excited about this one. I like 3rd person and isometric, but 1st person is my favorite, as long as its not just an FPS. This looks promising.

In the game play video it was amusing to see the player basically walking around the ship (and elsewhere) just talking to people with a hand weapon pointing at them. "Hey bub, watch it with that thing!"

Back
Top Bottom