Path of Exile - Expedition Expansion announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted the announcement for the expansion Path of Exile:Expedition:

Path of Exile Announcement Stream (July 2021)

In this livestream, we announced our July 2021 expansion, Path of Exile: Expedition where you will join the Kalguuran expedition, excavate their lost relics and undead using chains of explosives, then barter, deal and gamble these relics with their merchants. We also revealed the long-awaited return of Path of Exile: Royale!
More information.

The developers should spend more time on Path of Exile 2. The first game has become too watered down over the years. Games don't need components from every gaming genre.

The first game has become too watered down over the years.

I wouldn't necessarily use the term "watered down", but it has become somewhat of a monster to try to jump in and out of casually. There is just a ridiculous amount of different systems in place now, whether it's half a dozen crafting structures or mapping vs delving.

I doubt PoE 2 will help in this regard, as (last I heard) the games will still be loosely linked.

I wouldn't necessarily use the term "watered down", but it has become somewhat of a monster to try to jump in and out of casually. There is just a ridiculous amount of different systems in place now, whether it's half a dozen crafting structures or mapping vs delving.

I doubt PoE 2 will help in this regard, as (last I heard) the games will still be loosely linked.

The end game (Maps and Delve) will be shared but POE2 will be much different and all ascendancies are new if you use the POE2 path.

They are actually using league changes as beta grounds for some of the POE2 changes. Like in this upcoming one they will adjust the balancing in Act 1 to what they plan for POE2.

What POE really needs is a new end game system. Maps is just too grindy and Delve is just so convoluted. I am actually liking the Last Epoch end game much more so far and they have 2 others planned.

In terms of the complexity I am not sure how much is the number of systems as opposed to the intentional vagueness and convolution of them

Back
Top Bottom