Bard's Tale IV

Hum. I just finished there - well not finished - i did the main objective but i still need to figure out some of the puzzles to loot the extras. I did htat one and it took a while but i'm not sure how to give a hint - also there is one upstairs you have to get to actually complete the main objective. the one with the wall wasn't obvious and took me the longest. Btw i'm having trouble following the video but where are you stuck ? I'm going back there in a few hours to work on some more of the chests.

But overexaggerating like it's terrible isn't true either.

What? Where? Where I overexaggerate anything? I just stated my observations of someone playing game up to level 20, that's all, it wasn't even a review!

I still cant get why, if someone says something critical about games, people, who loves them, take it to personal level - to the point where they sometimes call it "'hate"" !:-/
It feels like you are discussing with religious fanatics, while if we ever talk face to face, such "'arguments" (like hate etc) would never arises!

What? Where? Where I overexaggerate anything? I just stated my observations of someone playing game up to level 20, that's all, it wasn't even a review!

I still cant get why, if someone says something critical about games, people, who loves them, take it to personal level - to the point where they sometimes call it "'hate"" !:-/
It feels like you are discussing with religious fanatics, while if we ever talk face to face, such "'arguments" (like hate etc) would never arises!

No one said you were hating. I just said that overexaggerating saying there is combat every other step and too easy puzzles is not true. I just gave an example of a puzzle that is far from easy. Others have been brain teasers too. As I said, instead of watching someone play maybe you should try the game yourself to see. There is plenty of "breathing room" in the game and it's not too much combat nor too little, and the puzzles have a tinge of challenge to them. There are very little, if any, just push a button and a door opens in the game. And maybe the person you were watching was fighting enemies in areas you didn't need to explore at that time. I skipped several enemies and also snuck past them with my rogue if I wanted to. You can completely bypass a lot of the combat with Hide in Shadows if you choose.

Hum. I just finished there - well not finished - i did the main objective but i still need to figure out some of the puzzles to loot the extras. I did htat one and it took a while but i'm not sure how to give a hint - also there is one upstairs you have to get to actually complete the main objective. the one with the wall wasn't obvious and took me the longest. Btw i'm having trouble following the video but where are you stuck ? I'm going back there in a few hours to work on some more of the chests.

Can you maybe take a video or screenshot of the two rooms in that area to show me how to do it? I'm stuck on the whole puzzle itself. The one that has the things on the ceiling and there's two rooms. I simply can't figure out what to do there. A screenshot or 3 would really help a lot, I'm currently stuck in my tracks and want to keep playing.

Wow, I just solved it in about 5 minutes of playing today. Crazyness! Onwards I go...

Last edited:
Just met another challenge through that door. An impossible 405 Power encounter, which I sneak past, but then another puzzle that spawns another impossible battle. Am I underleveled or is there a trick to solving the puzzle that doesn't spawn the battalion of fighters?

Which area - the only place I saw something way over 200 power was by the sea when i was exploring and went to an area way over my level. I did the last fight in Managar's bone area and it wasn't that bad - in fact i was rather easy i forget what level i am but somehwere between 15 and 17.

Just met another challenge through that door. An impossible 405 Power encounter, which I sneak past, but then another puzzle that spawns another impossible battle. Am I underleveled or is there a trick to solving the puzzle that doesn't spawn the battalion of fighters?

Which area - the only place I saw something way over 200 power was by the sea when i was exploring and went to an area way over my level. I did the last fight in Managar's bone area and it wasn't that bad - in fact i was rather easy i forget what level i am but somehwere between 15 and 17.

After I solved the puzzle the door opened and there were 2 flaming Ghillie Dhus in there with a sorcerer, 405 Power Level, Impossible red. When I sneak past them there's a puzzle with 7 switches on the wall and a note left by the guy on the wall. I'm guessing I have to press the switches in order that the note hints at, but everytime I press them all it spawns a battallion of impossible enemies with 70 armor and 500 HP, way too hard for me. Am I in the wrong area? Lodge of the Siambra Dhu.

Edit - Wow, was in the totally wrong dungeon, haha. Not supposed to be there yet. My bad, messed up following the quest marker!

Question - Does the Bard's ability "Victory Shot" only work if SHE kills the enemy? Or can it trigger when any party member kills an enemy? The skill reduces her drunk stack by 1 and gives her an extra spell point, so I'm curious if I should take the skill that raises it to a 100% chance of triggering. But I don't use her for any sort of attack skills so I don't want to waste it, either.

Not sure about that. At least, I have not seen it trigger at all, when I had a bard with that skill in the party.

Did anyone find the "skyhenge monolith gem" that is needed for a few of the constellations in the fichti forest?

(The one that seems missing in the constellation control thingy)

Not sure about that. At least, I have not seen it trigger at all, when I had a bard with that skill in the party.

Did anyone find the "skyhenge monolith gem" that is needed for a few of the constellations in the fichti forest?

(The one that seems missing in the constellation control thingy)

Nope. I'm guessing you have to input some of the other constellations and travel through their blocked doors to find it. Maybe, that's just a guess.

I made a quick video showing a trick with the Practitioner's Soul Leech ability. Check it out if you're feeling bored and like watching a poor quality gaming video. :)
Yeah, Soul Leech is awesome.

I also have two Practitioners and I got the Grand Sorcerer ability which marks targets you hit with spells with a curse that explodes for about 10 damage upon taking damage. The marks will set eachother off so if you mark every target using the free casts with Arcane Barrage then trigger them with a melee strike (Taunt, remove armour, "all or nothing" then execute for my Greatsword wielding Dwarf Fighter.) you can do 10+(targets*10) of damage from 1 spellpoint and mostly ignore meditate saving the opportunity for more melee hits.

I have actually run into a bug with meditate where gaining the Cleric tree on the Green Lady has made her -1 cooldown meditate passive stop working and removed the boon on her puzzle staff. :(

It appears that there are other classes you can change to has anyone seen anything about how to do that ?

I thought just unlocking the perks for those classes automatically "made" you them? I could be wrong and hope I didn't waste points choosing several of them with one character...

Yeah, I believe the skill tree are called "capstone perks". That is why some perks block other paths if you've noticed. In Meditation, you can either go down the left path or right path, but not both. At least, that's what I saw. I unlocked 2 classes with each character just for the boons, but I'm not sure if I have to manually switch or if you just "become" those classes for unlocking the skills in the skill tree. I hadn't noticed. I imagine if you unlock 2 or more you become a "dual class" and there's no need to manually change anything. At least, I think that's how it works.

No. I think there is a way to open up new perks trees by changing classes. At least that is what I saw somewhere. Hum. Maybe it was for a different game in the series.

No. I think there is a way to open up new perks trees by changing classes. At least that is what I saw somewhere. Hum. Maybe it was for a different game in the series.

The classes in this game are those large skill circles. I.e. Grand Sorcerer, Veteran, etc.. Those are considered the advanced classes. If you take them you automatically gain the bonuses of that class, I think. I could be wrong, though.

You can open new skill trees in the game, though, by other means. If you bring the holy relic to the Father Wilfret at the camp, he'll teach someone Divine magic, which opens the Cleric/Divine skill tree. There was another one too but I'm forgetting it right now.

I think you mean something like the Cleric "class"? If you solve a certain quest, every character can get an additional skill tab (that is, you get an additional tab next to attack, defense, crafting, etc.). The Cleric can get some passives, a heal and revive skill.

But you do not really change class. You add something to your existing class. It does not matter what the original class is (although some have better synergies, e.g., because they have access to more spell points).

Oh, and you only get a limited number of opportunities to change, so only a few (dunno how many) of your team can become clerics.

So far, I have not yet seen any other additions like that. Only the Cleric.

Back
Top Bottom