Venetica - Steam Release Update

Is it any good; metacritic is meh and I am going to assume this is the same game released several years ago with no support.
Yes it was released about 5 1/2 years ago buggy. They were slow to fix it, but now it's been patched a couple times. They have removed the controversial drm securom, which was believed to be at least partially responsible for some of the bugs and compatibility issues. Plus the Gold version being offered includes Venetica Soundtrack, Venetica digital Artbook and never seen before pitch material.

This Steam version is the "Gold Edition". Does anyone know what the difference is from the original release?

I already have it on GamersGate, but at this price I might purchase it again if the extras are worth it.

This Steam version is the "Gold Edition". Does anyone know what the difference is from the original release?

I already have it on GamersGate, but at this price I might purchase it again if the extras are worth it.

msuess - developer:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/338140
We took the latest version of the game with all patches/fixes that we had until that stage and made it ready for Steam.

Then it went for testing on all up-to-date machines for further testing, where it proved no trouble.

That's all I can say as for now, we haven't experienced any trouble, but we did not optimize it for multicore cpu's.

And of course you're welcome for the reply, as said sorry that I couldn't reply earlier, I just didn't see the updated thread.

Well right now we're offering the 20% discount which basically makes it a bargain. You also get the Soundtrack, the (very cool imo) artbook and never seen pitch footage. Also we're introducing the Steam trading cards in a few days/weeks.

Back
Top Bottom