Pricewatch!

Lesson learned : Importing games is a complex matter …

Not at all.

1.) Get a credit card, if necessary pre-paid.
2.) Order game(s).
3.) Wait until the game(s) arrive(s).

That's it. Under 28€ or so you don't even have to pay import tax.

I got an email from GOG.com stating that all their games published by Rebellion are on sale now.

Includes..

Empire Earth Gold
Empire Earth 2 Gold
Empire Earth 3
Evil Genius
Ground control +expansion
Ground Control 2
Lords of the Realm: Royal Edition
Lords of the Realm 3
Lords of Magic

Prices range from $2.39 to $3.99

I got an email from GOG.com stating that all their games published by Rebellion are on sale now.

Includes..

Empire Earth Gold
Empire Earth 2 Gold
Empire Earth 3
Evil Genius
Ground control +expansion
Ground Control 2
Lords of the Realm: Royal Edition
Lords of the Realm 3
Lords of Magic

Prices range from $2.39 to $3.99

Interestingly when I went to buy I only didn't have the pinball game ... guess I grabbed it on another sale ... but have't played any of them since buying ...

Nothing there really appeals to me, though I have never played Lords of... anything.

Evil Genius

Rebellion bought the IP of Evil Genius several years ago.

GOG.com has a promotion that runs through this weekend featuring all games from 1C Publishing 50% off.

King's Bounty
Space Rangers
Space Rangers 2
Star Wolves
UFO: Afterlight
UFO: Aftermath
UFO: Aftershock
Fantasy Wars

All titles are $4.99, except UFO: Aftermath, which is $2.99

GOG.com has a promotion that runs through this weekend featuring all games from 1C Publishing 50% off.

I was surprised to find that I owned *none* of those from GoG ... I own them all, and digitally, just not from GoG. Now for the next decision ...

Another tale of a "pricewatch" :

A German seller sells Kingmaker (NWN) on Amazon Germany :
http://www.amazon.de/Neverwinter-Ni...NNL2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302264911&sr=1-1

Price : 2,99 Euros
Shippong cots : 4,20 Euos

But : There's a note they let it be shipped by Amazon Germany ... And Amazon Germany says that since it is an English-language game, it IS NOT checked by the USK ... Meaning it can ONLY be shipped o adults - and that there will be a check that the addressee is actually the same one who ordered this game ... Plus they'll charge 5 Euros as an additional shipping + checking fee ... http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=193965011

Now I wonder : should I really go through all of this trouble or order by Amazon.co.uk directly ?
Right now I tend to this solution ...

Bottom line : The problem here in Germany is that NO non-German-language games are EVER checked by the USK ... It could be a Pokemon game or a Mario game - if it is imported, then it MUST be sold ONLY to an adult ...

This is plin weird. I guess this is an implicite way of blocing overseays games in oroginal languages ... I guess no country has a similar thing like this (but who plays games in German language anyway ? I guess no-one does ...)

Elemental: War of Magic on sale at Impulse for $19.99. With the updates it's actually a very playable game now.

Elemental: War of Magic on sale at Impulse for $19.99. With the updates it's actually a very playable game now.

I grabbed it for that price, have wanted to but they messed up the review copy (like they messed up pretty much everything at release), and I wasn't going to pay $50 for it in that state ...

will be interesting to see what the 'very special price' owners get the expansion for when it arrives (Brad said 'free for 2010 buyers, very special price for those who bought before expansion release)

will be interesting to see what the 'very special price' owners get the expansion for when it arrives (Brad said 'free for 2010 buyers, very special price for those who bought before expansion release)

I'm surprised they even made enough money from Elemental to develop an expansion. That game was a disaster...

I'm surprised they even made enough money from Elemental to develop an expansion. That game was a disaster…

Interesting thing in an article this week - Brad said that they made money (i.e. profit) based solely on the large number of pre-orders. So not only was the game a disaster for months, they also likely killed whatever trust and goodwill they had built up ... and since their games are tied to accounts that they just sold to GameStop ... it doesn't get much worse.

Isn't that also a sign that people want more TBS games ? I mean - just the number of pre-orders ... And so few TBS games out there ...

Blood Bowl "legendary edition" at Steam is 9.99.

Looks kinda bad, I hear it's kinda bad, but.... it's Warhammer~! and it looks funny. May be a good weekend's worth of gaming.

I keep hearing about this Blood Bowl game. Is it like John Madden with Orcs or something?

More here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl_(2009_video_game)
It's based on a tabletop ? board ? game.

My own pricewatch note : The German garbage-magazine "PC Action" (which I hate with a passion) 4/2011 comes with Nehrim and The Silver Lining Episodes 1-3 on DVD. Main game is Deperados 2, however, a "Commandos"-like game.

Back
Top Bottom