The chaos of my mind

What discourages what in my post? What is 'not nice' in my post?

We're already on the verge of derailing this thread. If you want to discuss yourself, start a new one.

Sorry Nyx, I can't possibly suggest you any solution to lonelyness problem as each person and their neighborhood is different. There is no universal cure, for example in some areas hitchhiking would be a great option as it involves meeting new people, sightseeing and "adventure", but in many parts of the world it's too risky.

I'd rather be lonely person #15,743,591 than douche #1.

With that said: Thanks for the responses, both here and in pm, I really appreciate it =) Sometimes it's good just to lose some of the weight of the world and get some attention. I'm not expecting it to cure it all, but living in a place where my best friends are acquaintances at best it is sometimes difficult to pull through the hard times. It's been difficult lately to do what I enjoy doing, hopefully I can work that out sooner than later. But at the end of the day I'm happy that at least I can feel comfortable enough reaching out somewhere. You are all awesome ^_^ Thanks again.

I'm glad if posting here helped, even a tiny bit. If you want to continue, probably best to take it to PMs with some of the intelligent and supportive people on here. I fear this thread is becoming detrimental to one's mental health, including mine.

It is difficult to be trapped in our own negative thoughts, which narrows down and collapses our entire world around them. Yet the world outside is bright, and god's blessings come from every corner (good health alone is huge), and we can't see that.

Having family and friends is important to break this mental state, as I think that we are designed to work together and advance life. So getting in touch with them might be a good idea, even to say hello - and I would suggest to make the intention of you asking about them (not the opposite).

I would also suggest to take a break, not only from work but from where you live and environment, to forget and be involved in constructive matters.

I would also suggest to not overburden and ask too much of yourself - we are human beings and we are weak - this is a fact that we have to live with.

Finally - I can only wish you all the best, and that you will get out of this phase soon.

Did some cleaning up, to make sure people know what this thread is about. Those who want to continue the discussion, can create a new thread and add your feelings about this moderation action.

Well I find it difficult to say something truly helpfull since I don't know many details of your situation. Anyhow I'd suggest a hobby of some kind which happens "outside" and where you're forced to meet other people. May that be sports related or learning a new language or a book club or taking some art lessons or learning to play an instrument or what ever you prefer. :)

And also something which helps fast in a short term, try going outside for a good long walk / jog. Its quite a cliche to say this, but it really helps. Fresh air and activity clears your head and it gives you great sensation afterwards. :)

Nyx the suggestions here are all good, but sometimes we need more then those self help get up and move ideas to get over what sounds like more then just a case of the "blues". If you had a broken leg you would seek out a doctor, not hope tomorrow will be better. Go see your regular doctor about this. Often when we have been under stress for a long time the brain chemistry gets messed up and people need medication.

You are not alone. So many people go through it, and it sounds like your stress has been high for a long time. Don't try to shake it off, get some help. Trying all the suggestions from others here is well worth it. But if this has been going on for a while don't limit yourself to just those. You are always in control of your health so if you don't want something you can always say no. But think about it.

I'm afraid I did not post anything as I am not sure how to cope with difficult situations myself.

I am in a lucky place right now, so I do not have to deal with too many difficulties close to me. I think that maybe the best thing to say is to find a supportive community.
People you can talk to and hang out with.

For example, my wife, when she first moved to the city we now live in, she looked online for people to meet through meetup.com. She found a small group of young women professionals and started hanging out with them. Some of them she got close to and others she didn't but it gave her a group of people to lean on and do things with.

I think you can start by figuring out some of the things you enjoy doing and then trying to find other people who like the same things. Whether online or in real life.

I believe this may be the reason you found the Watch a good place to start as we are all gamers. RPG gamers at that (although my RPG record is very weak at the moment :( )

So, my suggestion is to try and find a few people you can talk to. They may not all become best friends for life, but if even one of them does become a friend you can even just talk to once in a while, it's better than nothing.

Every little things helps. I feel better today, since yesterday. Not gonna lie, I was in pretty bad shape, deep in the dark for a while to the point where I actually struggle to remember what happened just last week. This is something that happens, I'm guessing a side effect of putting bad memories aside too much.

But yeah, feeling much better..and thanks to everyone. I know it's not easy to understand or know what to say but I really appreciate the kindness that people have shown. So thank you all so much <3

Back
Top Bottom