Keyboards

Saitek does seem to have quality problems with their keyboards. I have a Saitek Eclipse II, its L's and O's and arrow keys started ignoring presses occasionally after about a year, and it's been slowly spreading to a few other keys. I've heard of several others with the same problem with their Saitek keyboards. I've been looking into buying a new keyboard as well, and Das Keyboard looks interesting, but there's no way I'm paying for a keyboard I haven't even touched.

Das Keyboard looks interesting, but there's no way I'm paying for a keyboard I haven't even touched.

Walp, all I can say is that the more I use it, the more I hate my work keyboard. I really will have to get one of these for the office too, although I think the noise might drive my colleagues bonkers.

Well... I've been using my A4Tech KBS-16 for about umm more than 2-3 years and it's working well! I even dropped soda on it and water and it's fine! some key keys like space and enter have started to be a bit loose but not so big of a problem! I like it because it's comfortable! the sound is umm moderate. It also has some multimedia keys on the upper side which are very useful! I am sorry but I can't post a picture of it... the guys from A4Tech don't have it on their website anymore because it is pretty old model! you can try your luck searching for a pic and if you find one please post it!

Except for the little detail that it's rubbish to actually type on (or so I've heard -- could be just envy).

The Optimus Maximus is from artlebedev ( a russian design studio ). It's strange they're not credited in the youtube video of the Remus link.
I don't know about using it, but the concept is great ( as the price ! ) .
Also, it seems that the keys are larger than standard keyboard keys.

They are also designing a one screen keyboard ( Tactus ).

Back
Top Bottom