Dark Quest 2 - Tabletop/CRPG hybrid

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Cliqist brings word on a sequel to Dark Quest now on Kickstarter.

The sequel to Dark Quest is now on Kickstarter. The previous game sold nearly 40,000 copies across multiple platforms including the PS Vita and Android. This iteration is headed for Steam and iOS, but it is too early to say whether it will also come to Vita and Android like the previous game. Dark Quest 2 is a turn-based RPG based on the tabletop board game Hero Quest and they try to keep the board game feel. It has a dice rolling mechanic to keep it authentic-seeming, which I think is a nice touch. The hand drawn style also draws an emphasis to the board game roots of Dark Quest 2 which is pretty cool in my opinion.

Darkquest3.png

Turn-based combat with 3 controllable characters
More information.

Can't wait for the brothel mini-game!
But in earnest, I hope this game has some kind of depth to it. I already bought Dark Quest and was a bit disappointed about how shallow it was. Dropped it after a few hours.

The graphics look extremely cool and quite close to the spirit of hero quest.

Haven't played the first one, but I guess I'll wait backing this one if the previous one was rather shallow.

If anyone from Brain Seal Ltd should be reading this thread: Would be cool to have a list of key differences between the two games.

Can't wait for the brothel mini-game!
But in earnest, I hope this game has some kind of depth to it. I already bought Dark Quest and was a bit disappointed about how shallow it was. Dropped it after a few hours.

I bought the first one for $1.99 yesterday after reading about the kickstarter and I agree. Very unimpressed.

Back
Top Bottom