HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
WGTC reviewed the puzzle adventure RPG Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas:

Oceanhorn: Monster Of Uncharted Seas Review

[...]

Taking just one look at Oceanhorn reveals the type of game that it is, and it quickly becomes apparent that this action-RPG contains more Zelda than anything else. It’s obvious that the developers were big fans of both A Link to the Past and The Wind Waker, because those two adventures are emulated closely within. That’s not a bad thing, per se, given that Cornfox & Bros. were able to pay homage to their inspiration by doing its iconic mechanics justice, but their obvious lack of creativity is hard to overlook.

[...]

The good news, though, is that things play out in a mostly solid fashion without anything in the way of major technical problems. The gameplay is solid, and offers the odd interesting dungeon and thought provoking puzzle, but it’s all very much A Link to the Past. Hell, the items you find (outside of a fishing rod for hobby fishing) are almost all borrowed from Zelda, including the familiar bow and arrow, bombs and heart pieces. Spells change things up a bit, but they’re not the most useful things out there and are better served for puzzle solving than general combat.

Despite its lack of creativity, Oceanhorn still manages to be a very solid and enjoyable game. It won’t appease everyone, but those who are willing to check their expectations in favour of playing a Zelda-like quest on a non-Nintendo console will find a campaign worth experiencing.

Score: 3.5/5

More information.

Wtf another Toy story look-alike

This game has been out for quite awhile. I picked it up as part of a bundle last year but haven't had time to check it out.

Cant blame ya for not being drawn to this... Looks like a Zelda ripoff my kid would play

I got it from some bundle, too. Haven't had time to try it yet, but it is said to be not bad, if you like the newer Zelda titles. I don't know if I will like it, since my last Zelda was for the NES.

This game reached 1 million of sold copies (across all platforms).
Otherwise I'd never hear about it as it's available on tablets, I mean… bleh. Why did they even bother to port it on PC then, it's playable on Bluestacks or Nox.

But the PC version, apparently, plays well with K+M, steam user reviews are very positive, some impression from steam on the topic of grindin':
http://steamcommunity.com/app/339200/discussions/0/613957600536770865/

It's available on GOG too for those who want DRMfree copy. I'd buy it, but because noone said a single word about it here… Not sure.

Back
Top Bottom