Fallout 4 - Free this Weekend

Damn it Dart, I had my mind set on NOT buying this one...

Bethesda + Fallout = shite

Well, more and more the Watch feels like the Codex felt in 2012 - the year I fled that cesspool.

Sad.

EDIT: Fixed - too stupid to quote correctly.

Last edited:
Not sure what you meant. I need mods for half-finished games such as Fallout 4/skyrim, to make it worth my while.

Well, more and more the Watch feels like the Codex felt in 2012 - the year I fled that cesspool.

Sad.

Because Luj wants to use mods? THAT's the reason you fled the Codex???

I wouldn't make any decisions based on the activities of Luj :) Just sayin.

I bought the game some time ago and quickly abandon it promising to myself that i won't buy another Bethesda game.
Just saw some mods you recomended. Any other mod that helps the rp element to install and play again?

I bought the game some time ago and quickly abandon it promising to myself that i won't buy another Bethesda game.
Just saw some mods you recomended. Any other mod that helps the rp element to install and play again?

Depends on what you mean by RP? There's no mod out there that improves the writing, if that's what you mean.

At least, I haven't heard of one.

Thanks for your reply. I had in mind something like the requiem mod for skyrim. This mod made skyrim worth my time so i decided to drop fallout 4 in case something similar comes out so i won't be bored to play again the same stuff like i did back in skyrim.
This horizon mod someone recomended some posts above looked promising

Thanks for your reply. I had in mind something like the requiem mod for skyrim. This mod made skyrim worth my time so i decided to drop fallout 4 in case something similar comes out so i won't be bored to play again the same stuff like i did back in skyrim.
This horizon mod someone recomended some posts above looked promising

AFAIK, Requiem is almost exclusively about mechanics?

There are plenty of mods that change mechanics. But, you probably have to be more specific.

What was so bad about it that you would never buy another Bethesda game?

Have you tried playing on (the new) Survival? It's a lot more challenging than Requiem was for Skyrim.

Requiem breaks quite easily if you game it - or at least it did when I last played it.

AFAIK, Requiem is almost exclusively about mechanics?

There are plenty of mods that change mechanics. But, you probably have to be more specific.

What was so bad about it that you would never buy another Bethesda game?

Have you tried playing on (the new) Survival? It's a lot more challenging than Requiem was for Skyrim.

Requiem breaks quite easily if you game it - or at least it did when I last played it.
The reason i bought fallout 4 was the survival mode. I played it until the moment i had to return to a town(i don't remember the name) i cleared from zombies after a little time and realized every zombie i killed was at the same exact place. Same happened for Skyrim.

I'm tired of buying bethesda games and having to wait 1 or 2 years before some modder makes the game somewhat close to my liking.

I just reinstalled new vegas and some(many) mods in order to enjoy some gaming again and saw this post and thought maybe some new interesting mod came out.

The reason i bought fallout 4 was the survival mode. I played it until the moment i had to return to a town(i don't remember the name) i cleared from zombies after a little time and realized every zombie i killed was at the same exact place. Same happened for Skyrim.

Sounds like a bug, as respawns are on a very long timer on Survival - and they don't respawn in identical locations from my experience.

Sometimes, though, certain quests will send you to locations that require enemies to be there, IIRC. That might have happened, but it's rare.

But I believe there are several no-respawn mods available - so if respawning is the problem, you can easily rid yourself of those.

I've played Fallout 4 for something like 500 hours - and I don't think I've experienced respawns more than once or twice.

I'm tired of buying bethesda games and having to wait 1 or 2 years before some modder makes the game somewhat close to my liking.

Then why not just buy it after 2 years? :) Should be a lot cheaper, too.

Sounds like a bug, as respawns are on a very long timer on Survival - and they don't respawn in identical locations from my experience.

Sometimes, though, certain quests will send you to locations that require enemies to be there, IIRC. That might have happened, but it's rare.

But I believe there are several no-respawn mods available - so if respawning is the problem, you can easily rid yourself of those.

I've played Fallout 4 for something like 500 hours - and I don't think I've experienced respawns more than once or twice.

Then why not just buy it after 2 years? :) Should be a lot cheaper, too.
You are right about waiting 1 or 2 years. But when it comes to fallout i get so much hyped i can't be patient.

I'll give it a try again and hopefully it will be able to get my attention

Yub, there is almost no respawn.
In most areas they don't respawn at all.
Then you have the repeatable quests. They can cause respawn (but personally I don't like doing these quests anyways, but they would be even more boring otherwise)
Then you have a few fixed spots - they heavily respawn. One example is a patrol directly west of Hangmans (most of the time a little robot group).
Another one is on the other side of the road where the big crater is in the southern highway (which has some tunnels in it).
Or the scrapyard west of the river in the southwest of the map, where a group of super muants respawn.

But most of the time I found these respawns rather good than bad as they kept the world alive. It feels like there is always something going on.

What me actually bothered more, is that objects are also restocked. E.g. chests and so on. That can give a feeling like you didn't really accomplish much when you return to these locations.

Then you have the repeatable quests. They can cause respawn (but personally I don't like doing these quests anyways, but they would be even more boring otherwise)
Then you have a few fixed spots - they heavily respawn. One example is a patrol directly west of Hangmans (most of the time a little robot group).
Another one is on the other side of the road where the big crater is in the southern highway (which has some tunnels in it).
Or the scrapyard west of the river in the southwest of the map, where a group of super muants respawn.

But most of the time I found these respawns rather good than bad as they kept the world alive. It feels like there is always something going on.

What me actually bothered more, is that objects are also restocked. E.g. chests and so on. That can give a feeling like you didn't really accomplish much when you return to these locations.

I agree, respawns are appropriate in games like this.

It stands to reason that a dynamic world like the one in Fallout would have enemies retake and resettle areas. In fact, it would be less immersive to slowly make the world empty of life as a single person :)

Never experienced the restock thing, though. I tend to not go back to the same areas, so that's probably why :)

Then you have the repeatable quests. They can cause respawn (but personally I don't .

Hmm I definitely remember enemies respawning in most areas within a week or so of in-game time. I didn't have a problem with it though, and it didn't feel like it was too soon in most cases.

The repeatable quests were really annoying though. You'd think that Bethesda would implement something to prevent the exact same random quest from popping up again, nope...

Hmm I definitely remember enemies respawning in most areas within a week or so of in-game time. I didn't have a problem with it though, and it didn't feel like it was too soon in most cases.

The repeatable quests were really annoying though. You'd think that Bethesda would implement something to prevent the exact same random quest from popping up again, nope…

We're talking about Survival mode.

http://fallout4.wiki.fextralife.com/Survival

Enemy and Loot Repopulation

Locations you've cleared will now repopulate enemies and loot at a significantly slower rate.

Ah ok. :)

I haven't spent much time with survival mode. By the time that patch was released, I was mostly done playing already.

I'll try it (slightly modded) whenever I get around to replaying.

Back
Top Bottom