BioWare - Christina Norman Leaves Bioware

Women are cool.

This :) And they look better than men, too!

But of course, the ME2 was dumbed down. Or "made more accessible":
- inventory management removed
- loading screens instead of elevator scenes
- ammo-less weapons which somehow suddenly required re-loading
- numbers: hidden.
etc etc.

If you've ever driven a car in heavy traffic, you should know most women can't think logically :)

Base Rate Neglect.

On pure factual basis, it's statistically safer to be in the passenger seat with a female driver than a male driver. The statistics can be explained by young males overestimating (illogically) their capacity. And yes, I have many times in my life sat in a driver seat with a completely illogical male who scared the shit out of me with his horrible driving combined with overconfidence that he actually did a good job.

So yet again, the pattern is that males who feels they must claim that women are illogical, are overcompensating for their own shortcomings with reason based on confirmationbias rather than a logical analysis of the data. Such people are really dangerous.

I have theory about this (properly wrong!) why men are better/logical drivers than woman.

Confirmation bias is when you begin with an assumption that you confirm by continuously remembering when it happens, but ignore when it do not.

The key assumption here is based on the concept of gender. When held as significant it creates the illusion of two separate/distinct groups, who must in character be different. Once the significance of gender is planted in our mind we begin to falsely associate experiences with males and females differently and confirm our held beliefs on what makes the two different.

Gender is a false dichotomy because when old perceived differences have been tested, they do not hold up. Prejudices build almost exclusively on assumptions made on visual cues, which we falsely associate with the person we experience with that cue. Other visual cues include people who have glasses and people who do not, skincolor, haircolor etc. All having no established coherence between the visual cue and our experiences with people who have that cue.

If we want to sort characters with scientific foundation, then I suggest Big Five. A woman and a man who are neurotic, two that are extrovert, two who are conscientious, two who are hedonistic and two who are diplomatic have more in common with eachother than they have with the people of same gender out of the other groups. Big Five have shown consistency through (i believe it was) 44 different countries/cultures.

If you want coherent logic you should vote for a woman who score high in conscientiousness before a man who score low in the same trait.

I think some people here should work on their humor skills :)

As for my experience with women and logic, I find that it's less a case of them having trouble with logic - and more a case of them having trouble setting aside the immediate emotional reaction, which often makes them seem illogical.

I have many theories as to why that is, but I have zero doubt it's a general female characteristic.

As for my experience with women and logic, I find that it's less a case of them having trouble with logic - and more a case of them having trouble setting aside the immediate emotional reaction, which often makes them seem illogical.

The idea that women have more emotion is also a myth.

Base Rate Neglect.

On pure factual basis, it's statistically safer to be in the passenger seat with a female driver than a male driver. The statistics can be explained by young males overestimating (illogically) their capacity. And yes, I have many times in my life sat in a driver seat with a completely illogical male who scared the shit out of me with his horrible driving combined with overconfidence that he actually did a good job.

Your first mistake is to assume I'm talking about safe driving. I'm not.

Your second mistake is to include your own personal anecdotes, when you're harping on that very kind of misconception.

So yet again, the pattern is that males who feels they must claim that women are illogical, are overcompensating for their own shortcomings with reason based on confirmationbias rather than a logical analysis of the data. Such people are really dangerous.

No, you're repeating your own pattern. You start out by making the wrong assumption, and you will naturally be in denial about it as you're reading this. Then you accuse people of following their bias when making conclusions. This is particularly ironic, seeing as how that's exactly what you're doing yourself.

I think some people here should work on their humor skills :)

A man who foolishly acts is funnier than a man who foolishly thinks.

Your first mistake is to assume I'm talking about safe driving. I'm not.
Your second mistake is to include your own personal anecdotes, when you're harping on that very kind of misconception.
No, you're repeating your own pattern. You start out by making the wrong assumption, and you will naturally be in denial about it as you're reading this. Then you accuse people of following their bias when making conclusions. This is particularly ironic, seeing as how that's exactly what you're doing yourself.

You hint that there is a truth that you fail to present. I call your bluff.

If you're asking me what I meant about women - I'm talking about "smart" driving, as in how to optimise patterns and how to make traffic flow smoothly.

It's my experience that women are not very flexible in traffic, precisely because they think following the rules is always the most important thing.

Also, they can seem INCREDIBLY selfish - because they tend to claim their rights in traffic, however minor - regardless of the consequences for other people, in terms of how long they have to wait or how they're inconvenienced.

But I don't think they're particularly unsafe drivers - though I'd claim they can cause a lot of frustration which will cause other drivers to drive recklessly.

All this is based on my interest in the human mind, and careful observation of patterns through many years of driving.

Men have a ton of issues in traffic themselves, but at least I tend to understand the logic behind their decisions :)

Has anyone mentioned Brenda Brathwaite yet? Awesome lady that helped develop many great games.

She's really nice too. I talked to her for a tiny bit on twitter.

@Dartagnan It's not a male or female thing. Come to Taiwan and experience the hell that I know as driving.

@Dartagnan It's not a male or female thing. Come to Taiwan and experience the hell that I know as driving.

Thanks, but I tend to prefer my own experience over that of others :)

women don't lack logic at all; its just that men excel at spatial relationships. there is a theory that the X chromosome lends itself to conversation skills and women have two of those.

Woman's logic…

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• lets-dance-female-logic-cartoon-0.jpg
    lets-dance-female-logic-cartoon-0.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 107
  • lets-dance-female-logic-cartoon-1.jpg
    lets-dance-female-logic-cartoon-1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 106
All people are different. Everyone is an individual. If gender was a major factor in ruling personality, we would not have the amazing variety of people we have in the world.

Yes, let's pretend men and women have no gender-based psychological traits.

Or…. We could open our eyes and greet the world we all live in :)

Yes, let's pretend men and women have no gender-based psychological traits.

Or…. We could open our eyes and greet the world we all live in :)

This is pretty much the same argument used by people who believe the world is ran by lizardmen.

This is pretty much the same argument used by people who believe the world is ran by lizardmen.

This is pretty much the argument used by people who believe the world is made of swiss cheese.

This is pretty much the argument used by people who don't want to discuss anymore.

Back
Top Bottom