A slightly shorter farewell

Very sad to see you go but I think I understand why you've made such decision. All the best dteowner, we will miss you :(

I hope it's not permanent. Maybe you just need a break.

Why do I get the feeling that this stems mostly from happenings in the P&R forum? Tbh, I've never felt that that forum really needed to be here, and there have been far too many controversial and troll-like threads there the last few years. I'm starting to wonder if it would be better to just eliminate that forum completely.

I'm starting to wonder if it would be better to just eliminate that forum completely.
Please no. The only community with enough imagination to juggle, shuffle and make unbelievable pottage out of anything is RPG community.
That forum belongs exactly here, not on Candy Crush forums, not on Farmville forums and certainly not on Dungeon Keeper phonegame forums.

Perhaps just a warning on not to be emotionally invested into it would suffice. Thoughtssharing and viewing those later as an observer, own or others', is the trick.

Why do I get the feeling that this stems mostly from happenings in the P&R forum? Tbh, I've never felt that that forum really needed to be here, and there have been far too many controversial and troll-like threads there the last few years. I'm starting to wonder if it would be better to just eliminate that forum completely.
I disagree with eliminating that forum. I think it is a good thing to have a dedicated area to discuss potentially sensitive or controversial subjects so that the other "common" forums remain free of "contamination".

This way, it is then up to the reader whether he or she wishes to engage in such topics.

DTE, Believe it or not, I will be sad to see you go. I really appreciated most of your thoughts on the non-P&R forums. On the P&R forums, well I know we disagreed on MANY topics, and it wasn't pretty. But you will still be missed.

I don't think you should leave dte, if it wasn't an election year you'd probably be more detached about it all. I do understand your trigger-point though, I was close myself a week or two back. I think you should wait a few days before making a full decision though.

Well, like others said hope you don't leave.. maybe take a short break and come back.. at least if you realise that you miss it? besides who else would post the great cartoons in the P&R forum?

Most important of all we need as many Wiz 8 fans as we can get!

I'll raise a glass for you, no doubt. However like others have said: Maybe just take a break instead of leaving altogether. It would be sad to see this place losing an other long time member.

Well, I hope we'll meet in DDO once again. :)
Until then : Have a good time. :)

I'm sure he will continue playing DDO with the group from here every week, so several of us will be in regular touch with him and more are welcome to join. :)

Sad to see you go. One of the names I remember way back from RPGDot. Hope you change your mind, and if not..good luck with all you do =)

Can't say I'm surprised. All the best to you. You are always welcome on RPGWatch. :)

Well, I think it's time for me to say good bye as well. The recent debate over SoD really didn't help. I'm sure I played my part in it as well but I really feel there's lack of respect and understanding each other's point of view. Also I don't like the fact we discuss something more akin to political views rather than the game itself these days. Not saying I will never come back as I have fond memories of this place and come to respect a number of members here, but certainly need a break. Very sad to make such decision as I really wanted to be part of the Watch, but the recent event really did upset me.

Anyhow, take care everyone.

I would just like to reiterate that I saw the debate as nothing more than that. I don't mean to attack or disrespect you, and I fear perhaps it is a misunderstanding.

Do bear in mind that arguing robustly is something I normally do with people, when I care about an issue and think they're worth talking to. For me to have decided not to debate with you, that, to me, would be a sign of disrespect.

@purpleblob
You are a part of the Watch - a very good part I would say.
Not every member of the Watch needs to share one common opinion about one topic.

Do it like I do and stay out of discussions in which too many exaggerations are used.

I really hope you stay - take a deep breath and sleep over it.

Another one bites the dust...:(

AFAIK we didn't eschange opinions that much. Still I'm sad to see you go. Hope that after a break, you feel like coming back.

pibbur who hopes he hasn't been treating the purple princess disrespectfully.

Yeah, hope to see you back here after a break.

Ouch, we need more Purple on the forum not less! Perhaps a short break, and welcome back ?

Well, I think it's time for me to say good bye as well. The recent debate over SoD really didn't help. I'm sure I played my part in it as well but I really feel there's lack of respect and understanding each other's point of view. Also I don't like the fact we discuss something more akin to political views rather than the game itself these days. Not saying I will never come back as I have fond memories of this place and come to respect a number of members here, but certainly need a break. Very sad to make such decision as I really wanted to be part of the Watch, but the recent event really did upset me.

Anyhow, take care everyone.

Take break and please come back :)

Back
Top Bottom