Lords of Xulima - Indiegogo Campaign is Live

Great looking game and the mechanics I have red so far about the game at their blogs proves how much devs care about old school gaming. Pledged.

$10K gets 1 person full time or several people in their spare time and $250K gets several people full time. Which do you think will be the better game.

The big drawback to indiegogo is that the devs get the money even if there is no real project. For instance, Cleve made a few thousand bucks for the vaporware product "Grimoire". I don't know the difference between fixed and flex but I would never use Indiegogo until the chance of vaporware goes away permanently. I don't have a credit card either, though my debit card is backed by Visa.

About Indiegogo Vs Kickstarter

Hi people of RPGWatch, here are some comments about this discussion that we already posted in RPGCodex because there are some misunderstandings in this topic.

In Indiegogo, you can pledge whatever you like without registering in Indiegogo or Paypal. You only need a credit or debit card and you can pledge in few seconds. You can also pledge with Paypal if you have an account there.

In Kickstarter you must register there to start pledging.

None of them guarantee that your reward will be fulfilled. So the “vaporware risk” is present for both portals. It is true that in Kickstarter, you have to pass a submission process before launching the campaign, so some really bad/garbage projects are filtered.

Of course, the relevance and fame of Kickstarter are bigger, especially for videogame projects. But, Kickstarter cannot be the “only one crowdfunding platform in the world” if only people of three countries can open projects there.

Lords of Xulima is exactly the same videogame project regardless which crowdfunding platform is chosen. We tried to use Kickstarter, but it was a real pain and even legally risky so we had to give up and move to Indiegogo.

We hope that if you like this project and you want to support it; you do it regardless the platform chosen.

Thank you very much to all you have pledged, it is really appreciated.

Make another pledge without selecting a perk, I guess? I'm thinking about getting the bestiary, too.

@HiddenX, Sorry, but Indiegogo has not any automatic way to do that.

But no problem, pledge again with the difference without selecting any perk, and notify it to us by sending an email to info@numantiangames.com (or a private comment in the campaign). We wil keep track of your preferred perk.

For example, if you pledge $65 and you wish the Bestiary & Mithology book, you only have to pledge $10 more.

Thanks for contributing!

pledged. Looks good but was reluctant with using Indiegogo, my heart still thinks if the project doesn't reach the goal my money is gone, took my brain a few to convince my heart that not all indiegogo projects are like that.

@Sacred_Path:
I sincerely encourage to all of you, to pledge for the “Bestiary & Mythology” book, because it is by far the coolest reward of all. Indeed, we have put the price of this reward very low to animate people to purchase it (only 10$ more than the previous one for a book with more than 200 pages, hard covers, …). Surely we are not going to obtain any profit from that reward but all the team agreed that it would be a great way to reward the support of the funders.

I see why you guys felt that indiegogo would be the way to go and I wish you luck, however I will not use them.

In Indiegogo, you can pledge whatever you like without registering in Indiegogo or Paypal. You only need a credit or debit card and you can pledge in few seconds. You can also pledge with Paypal if you have an account there.
Silly me, then. I've already registered since I didn't know I could pledge without doing so although I had managed to figure out the difference between flexible and fixed projects.

However, my personal rule is that I only pledge the minimum amount if I'm not familiar with the devs (with the exception of Shroud of Avatar mainly due to the idiosyncrasy of Garriott), which fits the most of my crowdfunding experience.

Also, a relatively minor misunderstanding in the Codex post. The JRPG combat is another branch developed from Wizardry/Ultima. Doesn't that Dragon Warrior/RPG Maker format reminds you of them? Did Japanese invent the style from scratch?-absolutely not.

Fixed Funding
This campaign will only receive funds if at least $10,000 is raised by its deadline. Funding duration: September 16, 2013 - October 18, 2013 (11:59pm PT).

I know this has been said before, and even in this thread…Yet a few watchers (in this thread as well) seem to have missed it and keep saying that even if a project doesn't meet its goal then the makers still get the cash.

That isn't so. Indiegogo offers different types… Flexible funding means you get whatever is pledged (What was used for Grimoire) and Fixed funding which means if you don't meet your goal you don't get money. Just like with KS.

"Please note that this is a Fixed Funding campaign. Your payment has been processed, but will be refunded if the campaign doesn't reach its goal."

People... please read a bit before you bash their crowdfunding platform of choice.

Looks like a very interesting game and have been following the penetrating blogs on their site for some time, so no brainer to pledge. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn out to be another disappointment or unfinished when it releases. Think we need a good old school game soonest.

For those interested in the game and who do not check the comments on the project.
The devs wrote today:
@Rungel: In the case of Fontriers, the difference between the two platforms is simply awesome (15X !!). It is very difficult to foresee what would happen with Lords of Xulima if it were launched in Kickstarter. It was very complex for us to use Kickstarte, so we gave an opportunity to IndieGoGo. If the result of this campaign is disappointing, we will try again to launch it in Kickstarter and if finally we could, we will confirm or refute the influence of the crowdfunding platform choice.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't already pledge on indiegogo if you find it suitable, but it gives hope for the people sticking to KS and hope that the project gets the attention and funding it deserves.

Back
Top Bottom