Star Wars Force Unleashed for PC ... 25GB Install

txa1265

SasqWatch
Yeah, got my 'Ultimate Sith Edition' today on release, and it is HUGE - 2DVD's, 25GB install. Can't think of anything CLOSE to this big (Empire Total War was 15!).

Should be interesting to see how it justifies the size ... will chime in as I progress.

Oh, that's out now? I'll have to go …. 'acquire' it from my dealer.

And by dealer, I mean best buy.

Screw you, gamestop!

I like Best Buy. Last time I was in America they carded me when I bought a M rated game:lol: One thing you should know, I have grey hairs already. I mean when was the last time you saw a teenager with freaken grey hairs? Not only that, but how anal do people have to be to card for video games?

Let the kids play some horror game or blow away demons in Doom 3 if they want. Just lay off the carding for games. Keep it to booze and ciggies. I tell you America is getting really strange.

Anyways, my little Best Buy experience aside, there are just far too many games out there for me to pick this one up. I don't even think I have 25 gigs on my 3 hard drives. Though, thanks for letting me know it was out, Mike. I'll keep this one in mind the next time there is a lull with rpgs.

I mean when was the last time you saw a teenager with freaken grey hairs?

Gothic people, maybe ? ;)

A close friend of mine (know it since elementary school) has gotten his grey hair relatively early - in the early 30s he was already almost fully grey. Seems to be a family thing, he once said to me.

I'm turning 40 now, and the very first grey hair(s) just appeared only few years ago ... It's different in each person I guess.

On the actual game ... it doesn't look superb, and performance is crap.

I don't like Gamestop because EB was much better.

Will this game take more than one gigabyte per hour of gameplay?

How good is your computer, so I can get a rough idea of how it will perform on my system?

@ txa1265: What about the controls? Are they okay? I read some pretty bad things in some reviews about them... playable?

Well, in terms of PC I'm running it on a new Macbook Pro, which has run everything else just fine. This ended up doing OK after starting with lousy performance. It was weird - I had Vader and two Wookies and the fps were low ... but with e'the apprentice' and a dozen Stormies it was sailing.

As for controls, I actually preferred keyboard & mouse to the X360 controller in some areas ... but generally speaking it remains a console game.

On the actual game … it doesn't look superb, and performance is crap.

This could be a review. A bit short, but more than enough. :D

Damn, Gamespot really tore this game up.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/swtfuultimatesithedition/review.html

A 5/10 according to them, and they're usually on the generous side.

I tend to find them bipolar - they have to bash a few games to make up for the 10's they toss out like cookies. ;)

I agree with the criticisms, as the 'unstable performance' is pretty much what I was saying. However, I still don't find the story all that great ... I mean, I've now played on PSP, Wii and the 'ultimate' PC edition, and it is still a very average story attached to a very average game.

I don't like this game at all, somehow.

Even worse, although I try to keep myself from the game's story, I've heard that my favourite character dies.

25 GB is much but because I bought a new computer with 320 GB HDD I don't care anymore about things like that ;)

Did Gamespot review the console versions of TFU, too ? If so, what kind of points did they give it ?

Back
Top Bottom