EVERSPACE 2 - Gameplay Interview & Alpha Roadmap

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer spoke to ROCKFISH games about open world space action RPG/Sim EVERSPACE 2, which is said to be more RPG than its predecessor.

During IGN's Summer of Gaming presentation, Everspace 2 developer Michael Shade explained that the first Everspace was always intended to be an open-world space RPG. But the team's limited budget forced them to turn into a procedurally generated roguelike instead since crafting levels by hand was beyond what the team could realistically accomplish.

Now thanks to a two successful Kickstarter campaigns, Rockfish Games is able to make Everspace 2 the game it always wanted. Everspace 2 features a bigger galaxy to explore with handcrafted, persistent sectors of space to explore and get into some epic dog fights.

[...]

TheGG report on a press release that announces the closed Alpha roadmap for EVERSPACE 2.

Watch the Planetary Locations trailer:

Watch the Alpha Launch trailer:

The Closed Alpha gives players access to approximately 10 hours of gameplay including a story beat and free exploration, culminating in the first star system's boss fight. In addition to new Ship Devices and Ultimate Abilities, players will be able to explore the all-new pilot and companion perk system.

While pilot perks are level-based, companion perks can be unlocked through various resources players gather along their journey.

Through main storyline content, scripted side missions, and various jobs, players will be able to reach the Closed Alpha cap of level 10. New ships, NPCs, and equipment have been added for players to discover as they explore even more regions in space, planetary locations, and cave systems in the game's first solar system.

There are lots of handcrafted locations to discover in the first solar system; some won't even be on the players' radar until they stumble over them.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Very nice! I decided I'll need a pro joystick for these games. :D

I keep meaning to try this one for real -- the first game, that is. I even have it installed currently, as it is part of MS' pc game pass, but every time I fire it up, I shut it down and boot up X4: Foundations.

The first one is a bit of a poster child for VR.

Very nice! I decided I'll need a pro joystick for these games. :D

Doesn't this far exceed the graphic quality of most of the games you play :)

Back
Top Bottom