PoE Patch 1.03

Pillars of Eternity
Now dragon age has tons of bugs too. Lots and lots of them. But that community is more casual and cares more about plastic hair than meaningful gameplay.

Dude.

dude.

You did not just make fun of my love for plastic hair.

We might have to throw down, now. xD

Just wait for it. Its going to be awesome. I'm just happy that PoE turned out such a great game as it is. These kind of epic rpgs are bound to have issues @ launch. It is expected. The only alternative for a studio like obsidian is to dumb down and simplify design. Obsidian created such a lovely game here that I'm willing to give them some slack. i'm sure they are going to fix any major issue that has popped up.

I was slightly worried whether they could even pull this off, but they did! I've been having so much fun playing this game. I can't even put it on words because this game has just blown my mind. I haven't yet been able to play it yet as much as i wanted, but now that the easter has come, there is no holding back! :)

I don't understand why manual having some errors is such a big deal. It is hardly the first time this happens. Imo it is better that they change flawed mechanics rather than let it be just because of the "manual's sanctity".

Campaign almanac and PoE guide book are more about game's lore rather than game mechanics, so those kind of changes in balance should not have much impact on them. Imo both are pretty amazing work. They have poured so much love on this game's setting.One of the most orginal rpgs i've played. I just recently dreamt about pilars of eternity universe. This is a sign of a great game :)

Game of the year? Absolutely, no question about this. :)

Last edited:
LOL I played D:OS like a couple of weeks after it was released and played it complete, enjoyed the hell out of it. Sure there were balance issues, like some OP abilities that were later toned down, but that happened like within 2 months of release. Waiting beyond that is just OCNPS (Obsessive Compulsive Nit Picker Syndrome).

Well it was bad timing. I intended to jump on board quickly, but was enthralled by xcom, I think, at the time. Then the promises and actual significant upgrades and fixes were coming so fast to D:OS, that I decided to wait until I was done with xcom. Then I got DA:I for Xmas, and couple months flew by. By then PoE was on the horizon, and the bioshock I sale happened. Anyway, at least I put MMX on hold for a game I backed (PoE). :)

Of course there are some problems with the release, but it's a PC game. All PC game releases have tons of bugs and such at release - most games do, and on all platforms, or would someone tell me that something like Skyrim, Dragon Rage, and the like (won't go into other genres) were really polished at release? For some reason though, when Obsidian is concerned, the crowd is a tad more vocal than usual.

On the other hand, PoE is mostly playable at release. Yeah, there are some bugs here and there, but nothing completely game breaking - btw, it's a single player game. Who cares if people use a glitch to boost stats? Yeah, the Obs are at fault for letting this get out in the release, but big deal, really. If one wants to not use/abuse this, one can. I can say that I have neither noticed something like this happening, and haven't really went looking for it, either.

As for manuals, guides and somesuch - those used to be outdated and came with a huge list of corrections and so on even in the old days when there was no such things as digital releases and day 1/0 patches. So I don't see why would anyone be surprised particularly at this, unless all the complaining (not to use the b-word) is for the sake of complaining.

Here's where the issue with bugfixing pre-release comes in. People, like myself, have played through the entire game without a gamebreaking bug happening. Worst I had was an irritating stuck sound-loop thing..nearly drove me mad until I pulled my head out of my butt and tried restarting the program. Others have crippling bugs that prevent play.

When you have a tiny sampleset to test bugs with, you can't catch what needs to be caught. The options are to release and fix on the go or spend tens of millions hiring enough people to catch (and fix) all those bugs. Even spending the money, you have to hope the people testing and fixing it aren't wearing rose colored glasses. It's like when your mom and best friend tell you that you sing like an angel, only to find out later you sound like a squealing pig had a love child with the predator.

I don't mind giving them some time to fix the bugs. I really don't. My issues right now are:

a) Going by the Obsidian forum, the game has a TON of bugs. Too many for a newly released game, if you ask me.

And b) the constant patching and changing of core elements in the game up to a week before release and even post-release. Now, the manual and strategy guides are obsolete, and Obsidian seems completely happy to just continue tweaking things ad infinitum.

So, when will this game be cooked thoroughly enough to play? :thinking:
And still the game feels more finished and polished than WL2.

I spent $140 on the game and had a game killing bug, but a week isn't enough time to squash bugs in a long game; maybe in the free games like Candy Crush. I'll survive while they iron them out. Now, if we're still here in 3 months discussing these same bugs, I'll be ready to storm Irvine with great malice.
Only 3 months?
The day when I decide to storm Bethesda, I'm taking you with me.
Oh and... Did Bioware fix DX crashes 5 months after DA:I release? :evilgrin:

And still the game feels more finished and polished than WL2.

I am playing Wasteland 2 right now and am about 60 hours in. What is not finished with it? I think it is fantastic. Have you played it lately? Story is so much better then D:OS. I could not finish Divinity but I am staying up way too late playing WL2.

LOL I played D:OS like a couple of weeks after it was released and played it complete, enjoyed the hell out of it. Sure there were balance issues, like some OP abilities that were later toned down, but that happened like within 2 months of release. Waiting beyond that is just OCNPS (Obsessive Compulsive Nit Picker Syndrome).

Or you suffer from instant gratification syndrome.;)

Seriously though, I think waiting is the smart play. You don't lose anything by waiting and you stand to gain a more stable and complete experience.

I haven't played D:OS yet either but when I do I'm sure I won't regret that it wasn't within 2 weeks of release.

Anyhow I'm sure it will be at least 6 months before I really play POE.

I am playing Wasteland 2 right now and am about 60 hours in. What is not finished with it? I think it is fantastic. Have you played it lately? Story is so much better then D:OS. I could not finish Divinity but I am staying up way too late playing WL2.
Where am I talking about D:OS?!
I was comparing WL2 with PoE.

WL2 at release was not finished, it had huge bugs in second half the game were whole quests were not working at all and many other stuff. They needed months to fix them all.

WL2 now is still not polished, the big Unity 5 move and huge number of fixes, balancing and polishing that comes with it proves it.

Where am I talking about D:OS?!
I was comparing WL2 with PoE.

I haven't had any game breaking bugs in WL2. Only had 1 bug so far where the game froze in a fight early on in the Ag Center. I have not played PoE yet but from what the Watch is telling me there is some game breaking bugs.

So I just think your statement is false all the way around and when was the last time you played WL2?

I am not talking about WL2 at release. Why do you think I waited so long to play it? I am talking about your right now statement. The new WL2 patch is about Unity 5 and feats so it is almost like an expansion.

I am not talking about WL2 at release. Why do you think I waited so long to play it? I am talking about your right now statement. The new WL2 patch is about Unity 5 and feats so it is almost like an expansion.

Maybe you should read my last post again and more slowly this time.

Maybe you should read your original post. Or did someone else write it for you? See I can be an ass too.

"And still the game feels more finished and polished than WL2. "

Ask Fluent if it is finished and polished. Fluent loves everything and he is about to have a heart attack over PoE. Never thought I would see the day when Fluent went off like he did :)

They've hired several bug squashers with the money they made from Fluent's purchase, so all the bugs will be gone……never, since he didn't buy it. They can't afford to fix his bug :D

I think I'll send them a $1000 not to fix the Kana bug :biggrin:

Nutty, do you really hate your job that much?

I mean, you seem seriously invested in Fluent not having one :)

I can't find a good way to tie my answer to Pillars or the patch, sorry :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom