Pricewatch!

Last edited:
Same here. I just want the lore, but from what I've heard the actual game is rather crummy (even for an MMO).

Some people here seem to really like it after the many improvements since release. I'm not a lore hound. I'd just like something to immerse myself and play through stories with. Except none of the beta/free weekends managed to hook me.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited is 75% on GMG, at 13,74 euro. I'm even tempted to take this…

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/nl/en/pc/games/mmos/elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited/#b

Might be worth a shot at that price, but 60GB of free space? I'd have to clear out a lot of beholder on otyugh pron for that.

Seriously though, that's a lot of space to dedicate to a game that you might be expected to have more or less permanently installed. Maybe I'm just stuck in my old "you'll never be able to fill up a 4GB hard drive!" space preserving days. :p

Might be worth a shot at that price, but 60GB of free space? I'd have to clear out a lot of beholder on otyugh pron for that.

I have a lot of games installed that I don't really play, plus I have 74GB free right now. :biggrin: I couldn't hold myself back, I went in for 11,- with the voucher.

I bought ESO, I was in beta and I less or more liked the game. Retried it when they did a "special welcome back" weekend and again mitigated result (didn't buy it back then), but for a few bucks it's worth it in my opinion.

I have a lot of games installed that I don't really play, plus I have 74GB free right now. :biggrin: I couldn't hold myself back, I went in for 11,- with the voucher.

Man, I start to feel edgy if I drop below 100GB free.

Oh well, I picked it up. At that price if I get a month or two out of it it'll be a better investment than a lot of games.

I really really really considered it with the current price, checked some gameplay videos and that reminded me why I didn't buy it in the beginning. Just not my type of MMO.

someone let me know when FTL is $3 again. I'm going to gift it to a bunch of relatives and friends.

You hate relatives and friends that much?

I really really really considered it with the current price, checked some gameplay videos and that reminded me why I didn't buy it in the beginning. Just not my type of MMO.

Actually, it doesn't really feel like an MMO to me at all, so far. Aside from seeing other players running around (without name tags or anything else) and some guy handing me a full suit of level 6 armor for free, I've been playing alone, mostly just wandering around exploring and running into stuff like quests. Combat isn't great, but I have not been fighting mobs all that much, neither. Mostly just running around, finding skyshards, books, etc. and talking to NPCs and occasionally killing stuff. It's much more like a giant theme park with fully voice-acted small stories, in my opinion. So a good time waster for me.

I believe wolfing prefer group-centric MMOs, so ESO wouldn't be for him unless he spent his entire day in Cyrodiil doing PvP.

I believe wolfing prefer group-centric MMOs, so ESO wouldn't be for him unless he spent his entire day in Cyrodiil doing PvP.

Three things I didn't care for (not saying they're bad, just not my type):
- 'Solo MMO' (done it too many times already)
- Twitch combat
- Limited abilities available at a time, also depends on weapon (didn't like it in Guild Wars 2 either).

Daedalic week at IndieGala.
The prices are standard sales stuff, but here's the kicker:
If you spend 20 bucks on Daedalic games you get Blackguards 2 for free on top!

Hmm lore needs to be well above average to compensate for boring gameplay.

This is turning into an ESO discussion thread, but remember that I'm only level 7 currently. Also, some Watch members may have better opinions on the combat. It's all sort of strange to me. There's a lot to find, but at the same time it's sort of shallow, but not too shallow. *shrugs* Need ESO thread.

This is turning into an ESO discussion thread, but remember that I'm only level 7 currently. Also, some Watch members may have better opinions on the combat. It's all sort of strange to me. There's a lot to find, but at the same time it's sort of shallow, but not too shallow. *shrugs* Need ESO thread.

I just made one in the MMORPG sub-forums.

Let's see what's down in the weekly Steam deals this week. Not much, as usual, but a few gems… or at least pretty nice quartz…

Inquisitor, 66% off, $3.39
Expeditions: Conquistador, 40% off, $11.99
Warhammer 40k, Dawn of War 2, 75% off, $4.99 (same with Chaos Rising)
Rollers of the Realm is 40% off, $5.99

There's a weird one… Vulture is a front-end for the ancient NetHack game. It's only 33% off but list price is only $3 anyway. Vulture itself looks to be about 10 years old. Act now and you'll be getting killed by hallucinogen distorted kobold zombies inside of an hour! (Just don't eat one of those things… yuck!)

The 4X game Horizon is 75% off. It's still on my "play some day soon" list but there's always something else.

Back
Top Bottom