PoE Version 3.0 features video

Pillars of Eternity

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Obsidian made a video showing patch 3.0 features.

link to video.

Last edited:
So what's the "too long, did not watch" quickie transcript?

Everything is...

[ ] getting better

[ ] getting shittier

[ ] staying the same

Please check one of the above! :)

None of your check-boxes can be answered without playing with the changes and knowing what version of the game you played.

and I didn't bother watching the video because I know what the changes are.

I watched the video. it's only about 3 mins.

Unfortunately i haven't played the game yet so I couldn't tell you how much of a difference they'll make.

Most seemed like they would be worthwhile additions, changes. Not having played makes it hard to tell, obviously.

Alright, I went through the video (without sound because I'm at work). Things mentioned:
- update to the stronghold, more mission variety and interactions
- knockout injuries (optional) when your characters get knocked out they get an injuries based on the attack that knocked them out and the list of scripted interaction injuries (+ a few more). These are removed only on rest.
- story time mode
- Athletic/Survival changes
- Ability UI bar changes and Bestiary update
- Late game revision

Ooops OK, I did not know the video was only three minutes long. That's hardly "too long to watch" :blush: . Due to my adblocking I can not see links to embedded videos here on RPGWatch. That's why I asked.
Thanks for the summary azarhal. Sounds good. I have only played the backer beta and have been holding off until all content/expansions and patches have been released.
Most of those things sound like improvements so that's welcome. Let's hope they don't introduce more silly typical sloppy Obsidian bugs like XP counting backwards or whatever it was last patch ;) .

A quick question... Was the second part of expansion released or not?

A quick question… Was the second part of expansion released or not?

February 16th is release day.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive today revealed several forthcoming updates to Pillars of Eternity, the award-winning title backed by dedicated fans of classic role-playing games (RPGs). Later this month, alongside the release of the game’s second expansion, The White March – Part 2, Obsidian will make new updates to the gameplay and features of Pillars of Eternity available for all players. These updates will include a streamlined combat UI, updates to the in-game Stronghold and portions of the game world, a new “Story Time” game mode, and improvements to a broad variety of in-game features such as knockout injuries that change the difficulty during combat. Version “3.0” of the game will arrive as a free update to all players of Pillars of Eternity on February 16, 2016, the same day as the release of The White March – Part 2.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] With the forthcoming release of the update and expansion, Obsidian and Paradox bring the exciting first chapter of Pillars of Eternity to a close. "We're committed to expanding and supporting the Pillars of Eternity experience. We have many stories to tell in this world and this has only been the first one," said Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart. Gamers who have been waiting for the complete Pillars of Eternity story can now experience the incredible narrative from start to finish, up to and including the exciting conclusion to the story of The White March.[/FONT]

Let's hope they don't introduce more silly typical sloppy Obsidian bugs like XP counting backwards or whatever it was last patch ;) .

Many players considered it a feature, it really helped not getting overleveled too fast if you were doing all the optional stuff. v3.0 is going to level scale (option) the content for Act 3+ (part of the late game revision, the other part is removing some "trash" encounters) instead.

You might still want to hold off until v.3.01 just to be safe.

Hmm I'm currently playing PoE but I don't plan to buy expansions. Does the patch make significant difference to original? Should I stop playing till the new patch is out?

Hmm I'm currently playing PoE but I don't plan to buy expansions. Does the patch make significant difference to original? Should I stop playing till the new patch is out?

The patch doesn't require the expansion, it just get released at the same time like 2.0 was to part 1. All the balance changes and quality of life improvements should be available without the expansion. This include the new Stronghold content.

Depending how far you are it might not be worth it to wait, it might confuse you actually.

Thanks for that azarhal! I think I will restart after the patch. These changes do look good. Hopefully my view on this game will change. My craving for a good party based RPG has been unsatisfied since DA:O (fantasy world that is)

Edit: with decent party interactions. I enjoyed D:OS but only the combat aspect

Paradox said around 8am PST.

Back
Top Bottom