Pillars of Eternity II - Pre-order Get Wasteland 2 Free

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GOG has a pre-order deal for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire where you will receive Wasteland 2 free.

Gather your bonus games before venturing forth!

As the Chinese proverb goes: good things come in pairs. We're here to talk about free video games bundled with upcoming releases on GOG.com.

Pillars of Eternity II and BATTLETECH are heading to GOG.com, DRM-free on day one – and for a limited time all pre-orders come with a free game you can play right away:

Pre-order Pillars of Eternity II and get Wasteland 2 for free – two modern, party-based RPGs in one package of a combined bajillion gameplay hours, several novels worth of witty storytelling, and a bucketload of nostalgia for lovers of classic-style RPGs. Don't forget that pre-ordering also gets you The Captain's Footlocker bonus items. Pillars of Eternity II is slated for release on May 8, 2018.

Also, as you may have already noticed, when you pre-order BATTLETECH you get Shadowrun Returns for FREE. BATTLETECH comes out on April 24, so you'll be quite ready for more badassery. Supersized mech badassery.

The BATTLETECH offer will be available with all pre-orders and purchases until May 8, two weeks following the game's premiere. The Pillars of Eternity II offer will be available with all pre-orders and purchases until May 15, one week following the game's premiere. Both offers apply retroactively to existing pre-orders, customers who already own Shadowrun Returns or Wasteland 2 on GOG.com can reach out to support.gog.com team to receive a giftable copy.

More information.

Wasteland 2 is very good deal on poe-2 if you don't already own it…

Key phrase being "if you don't already own it"

I think that by now, most people interested into it got it. Pretty much the same with Shadowrun.

As i wasn't thrilled with the combat system and the bloated character creation in the original PoE, i am gonna wait to see what changes they did in those areas. I will probably end up buying it, but it won't be at launch (or before launch)

Same here, I'm a bit underwhelmed so I'll wait to see how things turn out.

The pathfinding was just aggravating in the first game.

Of course two of my most anticipated 2018 releases (PoEII and Battletech) are coming out within weeks of each other at exactly the time when I have zero gaming time.

The free keys are nice, though I too already have them, as I suspect most people on this site do as well.

yea but if history is consistent poe-2 will require a year of patching :)

Of course two of my most anticipated 2018 releases (PoEII and Battletech) are coming out within weeks of each other at exactly the time when I have zero gaming time.

The free keys are nice, though I too already have them, as I suspect most people on this site do as well.

No Fig for me and I backed WL2 on KS which means I have it already - I guess no preorder for me either.

History is a nice thing, but times have changed. After Warner's Batman scandalous PC release, plenty of reviewers are now warning people about actual state of games they review. If Obsidian doesn't want to hurt their sales, they better polish it to almost bugfree product.

Already have Wasteland first and second, so I won't be taking advantage of this offering. I also recall that the first game of Pillars needed some patches, so I'll be looking to play this one a few weeks or months after release, certainly not the day of.

Never actually played Wasteland 2. I waited so long for patching, tweaking, and the EE, that it never made it into my queue. Hopefully PoE 2 won't suffer the same fate.

My guess is they'll just trim some of the content off for Pillars the second and offer it later as "extra content" at a price. Another good reason to never play these games on launch day, simply wait a bit first till all the nickel and diming is done, then grab it all for a song.

My guess is they'll just trim some of the content off for Pillars the second and offer it later as "extra content" at a price. Another good reason to never play these games on launch day, simply wait a bit first till all the nickel and diming is done, then grab it all for a song.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to PoE2 but I have no urge to play it at release, the first got so much better with expansions and patches it felt like a totally different game. I'll play Elex, and then Battletech, and then something else will come along that will make postponing playing PoE2 a non issue.

Well they won't 'trim' content off but there will be a full fledge addition (as was the case with poe). It was announced at the time of the kickstarter so there is no secret here. They did a good job of supporting poe it just took a while to iron out the issues.

Good question. I presume it is less expensive and reduce development time on the base game as they can layout where things are going at design time and then extend the development a couple of extra year (think of it as releasing 40+ hour game with 20+ hour expansion over a period of time rather than releasing a 90+ hour game in one pot).
-
This is a presumption I make - i really don't know. I think whitemarch for poe was a true expansion with extensive content (I actually prefer white-march to the base game); but I'm just guessing. To be honest I don't really care as long as they are good value (lots of fun game play for a reasonable price) as oppose to the crap some company does with 2 hour of major story filler for 20 dollars.

Isn't that already a thing:
https://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_obsidian_edition
Base game + not one and not two but 3 expansions.

Erm… Assuming expansions aren't just a couple of hours long what's the point of having three of those instead of making Eternity 3?

I do not engage in mind reading, so I can only go off their past and that is where I surmised some trimming and reseeding of content may take place. Taking something out of context in a kick starting comment, phrase, or ghosted guess is a great way to end up with egg on your face.

Isn't that already a thing:
https://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_obsidian_edition
Base game + not one and not two but 3 expansions.

Erm… Assuming expansions aren't just a couple of hours long what's the point of having three of those instead of making Eternity 3?

No Eternity 3 any time soon. Josh is moving to another game and I suspect most of the POE team is going to be moved to Tim Cain's game until that release.

As for the 3 DLCs/expansions, that's the result of Obsidian's survey about DLCs they made last year (i.e. the midsized/priced DLCs won over the super large expac or the super tiny ones).

What is Tim Cain's game ?

No Eternity 3 any time soon. Josh is moving to another game and I suspect most of the POE team is going to be moved to Tim Cain's game until that release.

As for the 3 DLCs/expansions, that's the result of Obsidian's survey about DLCs they made last year (i.e. the midsized/priced DLCs won over the super large expac or the super tiny ones).

Back
Top Bottom