Life is Strange - Episode 3 Review @ JustAdventure

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Bailey James has reviewed the third episode of Life is Strange - Chaos Theory:
Every time a new episode of Dontnod Entertainment’s Life Is Strange is released, I feel a rush of anxiety that this installment won’t be as good as the last, that the abstract magic the game creates will have been tarnished. Fortunately, that anxiety has been totally misplaced; the third episode completely lives up to the mastery of the first two, maintaining the tightly-constructed plot and twisting the gameplay to create ambiguity and raise the stakes yet again. […]
Final Grade: A-

+ Deeper exploration of character relationships
+ Improved puzzles with more connection to the story
+ Development of new powers that escalate the plot

- Less of the excellent music and other atmospheric details
- Ambiguous ending that could end up being either brilliant or terrible

More information.

I highly recommend this fantastic Adventure.

Didn't know it was a RPG. Will look into it.

Not an rpg...more of an Tell tales+Adventure game with sort of "Twin Peaks" ring to it...great for old geezers in their 30's, like some of you guys, to bring back that high school nostalgia and make you feel young again:p.

Not an rpg…more of an Tell tales+Adventure game with sort of "Twin Peaks" ring to it…great for old geezers in their 30's, like some of you guys, to bring back that high school nostalgia and make you feel young again:p.

Then this game isn't for me, as I am in my 40's....

Oh hey, the new episode is out? I've been enjoying this, but it's a little forced here and there. Like they're trying to be "hip" like the young cool kids. ;) But it feels nice enough and some of the story development is nicely dramatic.

But Twin Peaks is one of my favourite shows ever, but this game series doesn't half reach that kind of greatness in atmosphere and plot.

I was more relating it to it, than anything else. It has it's...eh what's the word, "ominous"? feel to it at times( the Lighthouse), but it's more of a relaxing, grab a cup of coffee and go with it, type of game. Don't see a lot of games like this around...I'd recommend Remember Me, from Dontnod, as well ( strange name, nod twice if you agree with this:p)...really one of the most pleasant surprises of all the blind buys I've made.

Because I felt disappointed with Murdered: Soul Suspect from the same publisher, I'll put the whole thing on hold and skip getting this one till they finalize it (5 episodes, this is the third one).
Sorry.

Btw, does anyone know, why did they license Unreal 3 instead of using inhouse Crystal Dynamics?

Back
Top Bottom